Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Oh lor' I hate the sweaty ones!

Do anyone else's lips go numb when they're in the low 3's or high 2's (yes, I know, I should never get that low but night time lows happen ....)

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Do anyone else's lips go numb when they're in the low 3's or high 2's (yes, I know, I should never get that low but night time lows happen ....)

I sometimes do, I call it 'going numb around the gills' ;)

Reactions: becca59

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I just noticed - I'm low again. I tested at 2.2. Cue frantic munching.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Yes, I've had that. A little tingle early on too.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hit me a bit now. Back later. Husband here now though so all is well.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I am glad to know its not just me, which sounds awful, but you know what I mean!

Reynauds is horrible though, so I'm really sorry you have that. My late brother in law did too, and he found it very troublesome if the weather was even hinting at being chilly.

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all. Turned out to be quite an eventful day, all in all. Was asked to supervise a trainee teacher, and then all hell broke loose at home time when an excluded pupil attacked another boy at the school gate. So I had to put my first responder hat on and deal with that. Almost certainly a broken nose and possibly a broken jaw. Kids, eh?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The way i treat hypos is mainly down to a couple of things, how low and where I am at the time.

At home with a below BG 4 but above BG of 3, its usually a cuppa, 2 sugars and a biscuit followed by testing every 5/10 mins. if it goes up, result if it falls below BG of 3, panic mode kicks in and its a cuppa with anything up to 6 sugars, depending how low and how fast

BG at home below BG of 3 get a cuppa and as above anything up to 6 sugars

Out and about its a different story. I rarely go anywhere without a bottle of 500ml coke and some sweets. If its anything below BG of 4, I will start to panic slightly and drink about half the bottle. If it drops further it the full bottle and the sweets

I had a really bad one a few months ago at shopping centre. It was a BG of 2.5, so 2 cans of coke downed very very quickly followed by some sweets.

When i am out and about I can go into full panic mode which no doubt makes me feel worse and lower than i actually am

Reactions: therower and Knikki

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening everyone.
@Knikki . So glad you have stayed with us. It’s guys like you that make living with diabetes a far lot easier.
Apparently Jaffa cakes won’t kill us:) who would have thought it.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo I get the tingly lips thing but that's relatively new for me. T1 for over 30 years, and shaky hands were always a sign of a hypo. Somehow that's been replaced by the tingly/numb lips....who knew?

@Mel dCP that's some day, and kudos for being able to handle teaching and mending the little darlings when they try to kill each other

@helensaramay I think you're right about Scott C, he doesn't seem to be in the members list any more. A big loss to anyone wanting techie talk/help

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If we have lost Scott C then it’ll be a great loss to the forum. If anyone would make a good moderator then Scott would.
Let’s hope he joins us again soon.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is that's what we mean by a compression low then? That hypo alarm gave me a surprise when it started going off.
7af9f67a3cd40a57f2c953a2fe2d4ee4.jpg

paulchew1988

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys, I've been type one for about a year now. Loving the ups and downs that come with it :/

I have just had a weird experience where I've had a hypo 3.4. But been having a bad day with taking my insulin. So I had about 50g of carbs with tea at about 6pm but had no insulin other than my normal morning and evening doses. Anyone know why this might be, as far as I am aware and my DSN agrees I'm not in my honeymoon phase anymore.

Reactions: Knikki

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is that's what we mean by a compression low then? That hypo alarm gave me a surprise when it started going off.
7af9f67a3cd40a57f2c953a2fe2d4ee4.jpg

Hmmmmm. All I know is I've had some scatty readings up & down in the space of around 45 minutes? that don't concur with the meter. (Using Glimp.)
& the only correlation is "twanging" the sensor toward the end of its "life" & wearing mulitple layers whilst active, pulling the upper sliver tight whilst working?? (Libre worn inside of the arm.)

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmmmm. All I know is I've had some scatty readings up & down in the space of around 45 minutes? that don't concur with the meter. (Using Glimp.)
& the only correlation is "twanging" the sensor toward the end of its "life" & wearing mulitple layers whilst active, pulling the upper sliver tight whilst working?? (Libre worn inside of the arm.)

It was odd and I can only put it down to putting pressure on the Libre somehow (I'm wearing this one on the outside of my arm). All settled down after that and a scan in LibreLink confirmed similar to xDrip so it wasn't some algorithm having a moment. I find it strange I've not seen it happen during sleep as I lay on a side mostly.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was odd and I can only put it down to putting pressure on the Libre somehow (I'm wearing this one on the outside of my arm). All settled down after that and a scan in LibreLink confirmed similar to xDrip so it wasn't some algorithm having a moment. I find it strange I've not seen it happen during sleep as I lay on a side mostly.

I use Libre link on my phone too. Which I use as a "double take." I could feel the multiple layered clothing putting pressure as I moved in the cold climate. The top layer being fleecy lined pulling it tighter?
Due to the position on my sensor & the activity I can only put it down to that?

I tend not to move much in my sleep. (So my wife says.) Though, I position my sensors inside the arm due to possibilities of knocking? (Kind of a choice I made to tie in with my general daily activities?)
However, (so far.) I haven't seen any real "anomalies" if I catch it on a high sided chair or mixing it it up "man hugging" during a gig? Other than tighter than usual clothing. Funny enough, it mentions something briefly about tight clothing in the Abbot "destructions?"

Reactions: db89

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree but suspect he may find it even more frustrating.
I think I remember someone is meeting up with him at the Techy Diabetes event in Edinburgh.
If it is one of us, please send him my regards and tell him he is missed both for his diabetes knowledge and humour.

That would be me although it was just a tentative, "see you there". Lets hope he does come back as its great to have so many knowledgeable people on here

Has @kitedoc also gone, as not been on for a few days, always like the posts