Best Keto cook book?

Afcb

Hi
Had t2 since November 2018. Lost 6 stone in weight and gone from Hab1ac 120 to 45. Been eating low carb ,now want to go Keto any advice and what's the best cookbook?
Thanks

Reactions: ianpspurs
M

Member496333

Pete Evans has a book called Paleo Every Day. I don’t have it but anything by Pete Evans has got to be worth a look. He’s full-paleo though, so I imagine there’s no recipes in there that include dairy.

He also has a cookery show on Netlfix called The Paleo Way which is excellent and definitely worth checking out.

Well done on the weight loss and HbA1c!

Peta 2

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
The PK (paleo/ketogenic) Cookbook by Sarah Myhill and Craig Robinson is very readable and clear on low carb/high fat (UK based shopping)

nettie 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow thats a massive drop. Well done.
There are lots of recipes on the net for keto or LCHF (low carb healthy fat) suitable for diabetics
The paleo diet if too restrictive for me but it may suit you
alldayidreamaboutfood is a good website and she has written recipe books as well. Although it is an american site and some of the products are hard to buy.
A book called "What the fat" may ease your mind about eating healthy fat
Headbangers kitchen on You Tube is entertaining and he has some good recipes

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Look up Martina Slajerova, she does keto, paleo, and vegetarian keto recipes and books. You can find them on Amazon. Most come with total and net carb counts. Her website is:
https://ketodietapp.com/

Alineden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much really
Hi
Had t2 since November 2018. Lost 6 stone in weight and gone from Hab1ac 120 to 45. Been eating low carb ,now want to go Keto any advice and what's the best cookbook?
Thanks
Well done with the weight loss and HbA1c.

Reactions: keefidee

chrestomanci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hunger
Pete Evans has a book called Paleo Every Day. I don’t have it but anything by Pete Evans has got to be worth a look. He’s full-paleo though, so I imagine there’s no recipes in there that include dairy.

He also has a cookery show on Netlfix called The Paleo Way which is excellent and definitely worth checking out.

Well done on the weight loss and HbA1c!
Thanks Jim The Paleo Way is great!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was about to ask the same question - recommendations for keto cookbooks so I’m glad I searched the forum threads first.
I prefer using a book to a website as I don’t have a pc or tablet - I just use my phone, and all the scrolling with greasy fingers is irritating. Nevertheless I’ve done most of the DietDoctor recipes to death and I’m looking for something new.
The PK cookbook and the Paleo Everyday book look perfect for me and both are available second hand in good condition at worldofbooks.com so I’ve sent off for them. Thanks @Jim Lahey and @Peta 2

slober120

Hey there,

I also lost a ton of weight while being on keto (20kg).
Which helped me the most were probably my cookbooks which held me on track.
The best book by far was simply tasty ketogenic.
I have got my knowledge from different forums such as itriedketo.com and so on.

Hope you will get what you want

Slober

Reactions: DJC3