What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's amazing news about your colleague. They listened to you. And what a result!!! Fantastic.

@Debandez -- You are fighting so hard to help others and it must sometimes be frustrating that many people prefer to keep on eating carbs and taking meds to deal with the carbs. This doesn't necessarily mean, though, that you are not making a difference. I feel that, no matter how uninspiring the reaction, every time we talk about our experience we plant a seed that has the potential to grow into changing someone's life, health and well-being. You are really doing a fabulous job.

Btw, congrats on your fabulous HbA1c result. Well deserved.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"...and the tensions between India & Pakistan are now at a much lower ebb.

In local news:
the Newly appointed DCUK Cultural attaché arrived in Goa yesterday.

One of his team's first duties was to visit local eateries and bars on a "Walkabout" tour on arrival.

He declared the locals as "extremely friendly" and the food as "Delicious".

Traffic today in downtown Baga is described as normal, light AND chaotic.
UV Index is HIGH.
Pollen count is LOW.
Average Temperatures today of 42°C

On the Markets the Ruppee opened up at
6.1 against the FBG..
But was down against the Dollar....

And finally.

The Baga cat sanctuary re-opened it's doors today.....

Chaotic scenes early on, but finally settled down.
Queues were eventually orderly, if a little noisy..."

cat sanctuary.jpg

Now at 14:30pm local time...it's over to Rupinda for the Beach report .."

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today. A reflection of my friend coming for dinner last night. Too much wine and too many nuts too late into the night!

What a great day! Annual PPG meeting was brilliant. Even the lunch was like AMAZING couldn't believe it could be so low carb friendly. Slices of every meat you could think of. 3 types of cheese. Salad galore. Yes there were chips of the chunky variety. Looked fab!!! And there was bread of the crusty variety. Mini crusty loaves, looked so cute!!! Coleslaw. Oils. Vinegar. Mayo. I couldn't believe my eyes. Cake and coffee available but bite size portions (I wasnt tempted). I'm tired now but will give an update asap. My surgery got an award!!! For the innovative work it's doing on social media and with social prescribing (patients helping patients)!!! And to make my day i got my Thriva blood results back. My hba1c is 37 and well into non diabetic range. I'm absolutely delighted (especially as it almost mirrored my home a1cnow test earlier this week of 36). I'm not keto. Im low carb and I eat out..... a lot. This tells me that I'm making good choices. It's my lowest lab result to date. Happy days.
Great results, congratulations

Reactions: Cumberland

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

I'm liking the slightly milder weather we're getting at the moment, I can get away with one less layer of clothing at least ;)

Helping out in the charity shop this morning so probably lots of stair climbing for exercise, Friday again already.

Hope your day goes well :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and Bon weekend from an optimistic Northumberland. A 5.4 on the wheel of hiss, boo, oops or cheer at 0640.
Had an interesting walk down the beach yesterday just as high tide was turning. No wet feet but it was a touch and go 3 miles.
Heading home this morning with a call to Craster and a walk up to Dunstanburgh Castle on the way.
Have a wonderful day if you can, contemplate the smell of Craster kippers if you can’t.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all a 4 greeted me today, two hypos at 9pm and then 11pm, am now in the very ,very frustrated realm now, never mind the peed off stage too. running temp basals and adjusting the ol' pump daily. its getting a bit long in the tooth now. anyway enough doom and gloom.........Its only Bloomin Friday!! and yes that's right everyone, you know what that means.........House work and gardening......But not in the house of Bull dogs... we are off to watch the rugby on Saturday!! The boss thinks it will cheer me up and she may well be right. Have a brilliant weekend everyone.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Glorious weather today, expecting 19 degrees and sun. Looking forward to a wonderful evening out at a French tapas place (with outdoor seating).

Blood sugars were 4.7 this morning.

Have a wonderful start into the weekend later today, everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, in an erly morning statement , my meter confirmed it had agreed to grant me an extension to my fbg of 4.6. There is little prospect of yesterday's so called Strasbourg evening meal becoming a majority event (not enough fibre to pass) so I will be seeking indicative eating plans. Sir Graham Bathroom Scales, leader of the (19) 22 bmi committee, has seen me and advised me that at 73.5 kgs and bmi of 22.4 I need to get my act together pronto (Daily Telegraph, paywall)