Fasting success stories

mansingh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi-
that's impressive. your control is very good. What kind of low carb food do you eat e.g breakfast, lunch and dinner..

Hi,
I like to know more about your diet and exercisegime. my hbc1 is 61. I'm trying to get it down

thank you

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my considered, knee-jerk, unscientific opinion, there is zero way, your visceral fat score is in double figures, if I recall? You look like you've lost more weight. Demand a recount!
Few more pounds off but still not sub 200 pounds yet.. still flabby round the middle though..

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my considered, knee-jerk, unscientific opinion, there is zero way, your visceral fat score is in double figures, if I recall? You look like you've lost more weight. Demand a recount!
And to add insult to injury weight down 2 pounds this morning VF up from 11 to 12! you couldn't make it up..
Lots of walking around London yesterday (6 monthly dentist visit) and only slow roast pork shoulder for dinner!

Last edited:

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I dunno if I actually deserve to be a part of this but I wanted to share my own story here about switching to fasting and LCHF.

One year diabetic with sugars all over the shop and not giving a hoot about myself ended up getting a HBA1C of 114 or 12.6% at the end of the year with the threat of injectables or insulin on my horizon. Started off with research and cutting out as much carbs as I could and going on a liberal low carb diet for January but still had figures in the 10's and 8's most of the time so shifted ideas.

Started skipping breakfast and having coffee with cream (or CWC as I call it now) and eating lunch and dinner on a 16:8 fasting regime with a 24 hour fast once per week and got bloods down to the 6's and 5's plus a HB1AC of 41 down from the 114 just a few months earlier which would have included my abysmal numbers earlier in the year.

Now on OMAD with 24 hour fasts whilst at work and looking to go longer but as bloods are 4's and 5's and the fat is melting off I will try doing some 2-3 day fasts in the week.

Inspiring stories though everyone and thanks for sharing!

chrestomanci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hunger
I dunno if I actually deserve to be a part of this but I wanted to share my own story here about switching to fasting and LCHF.

One year diabetic with sugars all over the shop and not giving a hoot about myself ended up getting a HBA1C of 114 or 12.6% at the end of the year with the threat of injectables or insulin on my horizon. Started off with research and cutting out as much carbs as I could and going on a liberal low carb diet for January but still had figures in the 10's and 8's most of the time so shifted ideas.

Started skipping breakfast and having coffee with cream (or CWC as I call it now) and eating lunch and dinner on a 16:8 fasting regime with a 24 hour fast once per week and got bloods down to the 6's and 5's plus a HB1AC of 41 down from the 114 just a few months earlier which would have included my abysmal numbers earlier in the year.

Now on OMAD with 24 hour fasts whilst at work and looking to go longer but as bloods are 4's and 5's and the fat is melting off I will try doing some 2-3 day fasts in the week.

Inspiring stories though everyone and thanks for sharing!
That's so brilliant!All your hard work is paying off :D