Medtronic 640g

Meghalton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all.
I currently have a cold and I can’t find how to change my daily Basal up to 10% or 20%.
Please can someone help me. X

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Meghalton If you go onto Insulin Settings and Preset Temp Setup and select it the Add new then select "Sick" it should be on Percent....Set what percent you want and then the duration. and select save. Then from the Home screen go onto Basal and select the Temp basal which should be "Sick" and it will show you the percentage. BUT it will only last for 24 hours (or the time you set)

Reactions: Meghalton

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey all.
I currently have a cold and I can’t find how to change my daily Basal up to 10% or 20%.
Please can someone help me. X

I have set up a 'Sick day' setting in the Basal pattern set up, the easiest way to do it is to simply write down all your current basal patterns, then 'ADD NEW' and plug in your new settings. Best to check with your DSN if you haven't done a basal pattern set up before to run through what you think this needs to be increased to.

The other option you have is to simply do bolus corrections with regular testing so following sick day rules.

Reactions: Meghalton

eviedaintree

I'm using the Diabetes Tracker app recently which is the best mini doctor according to me. just we need to upload the test reports into the app. this has an option like virtual doctor appointments. I recommend all the people here to use this app worth having it.