Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at 4:15 am.

49th anniversary of our arrival in Queensland today, party hearty today.
kG5crfT.gif
have a good day @Tipetoo as the saying goes....

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 here. Still doing less than 20g carbs a day, don5 get it.
Not sure what's to get in the sense that a) you don't know what your fbg would be with more carbs and b) the very LC/keto approach does not suit or work the same for everyone - some of us don't respond that well. Your last A1c was fine according to lots of definitions of fine. I feel for you - we seem to be in the same boat. This WOE and A1c not as well suited to this WOE as many?/most others. Look at all other parameters/markers as well. I also know that whatever other people say will NEVER make it FEEL better. World of difference between how it feels and what it is.

Reactions: millenium

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what's to get in the sense that a) you don't know what your fbg would be with more carbs and b) the very LC/keto approach does not suit or work the same for everyone - some of us don't respond that well. Your last A1c was fine according to lots of definitions of fine. I feel for you - we seem to be in the same boat. This WOE and A1c not as well suited to this WOE as many?/most others. Look at all other parameters/markers as well. I also know that whatever other people say will NEVER make it FEEL better. World of difference between how it feels and what it is.

Hi Ian, I’m just puzzled really. When I was eating around 100g carbs or less my fbgs were 6s, which I know is fine but I wanted to bring it down a bit and also my weight loss had stalled, so I committed to keto. For four or five weeks I was losing a pound a week and my fbgs were consistently in the 5s so, happy days! But then my weight loss stalled again and my fbgs went back up, although I was still eating less than 20g carbs a day. The only things that changed were I had reduced my protein and I wasn’t exercising quite as much due to work. But if i end up in the 6s on 20g and on 100g - I might as well go back to having the odd bit of chocolate!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian, I’m just puzzled really. When I was eating around 100g carbs or less my fbgs were 6s, which I know is fine but I wanted to bring it down a bit and also my weight loss had stalled, so I committed to keto. For four or five weeks I was losing a pound a week and my fbgs were consistently in the 5s so, happy days! But then my weight loss stalled again and my fbgs went back up, although I was still eating less than 20g carbs a day. The only things that changed were I had reduced my protein and I wasn’t exercising quite as much due to work. But if i end up in the 6s on 20g and on 100g - I might as well go back to having the odd bit of chocolate!
I suspect both our bodies are sending clear messages - they are unique highly evolved ecosystems and don't take kindly to being forced into someone else's idea of how to nourish them
Edited to change it to them

Last edited: