Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/...-following-total-knee-replacement-surgery.pdf

I was given a sheet of them when I was discharged but I also did a google and this seemed good. I think it makes a difference. I’ve also got a hospital physio appointment on April Fools Day () which should take it further.
The whole experience has been pretty well managed: Joint School - as if someone at uni in the 60’s needed that - and pre op, a physio session before discharge and an app from the hospital for the whole knee replacement journey. Postcode Lottery again .

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Been to the footy match this afternoon was naughty and had a sausage butty at half time

We live once. It's the weekend, and what's a footy match without a treat.... no guilt, enjoy, inject and be happy!

I say that because I just scoffed an almond Magnum (vegan, but hey - carbs are carbs)

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
well I started open looping on my Insight pump last Saturday, all has been ok so far but I have progressed to closed looping tonight so we will see how it goes. It was quiet easy to set up using Andriod Studio and AndriodAPS

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
well I started open looping on my Insight pump last Saturday, all has been ok so far but I have progressed to closed looping tonight so we will see how it goes. It was quiet easy to set up using Andriod Studio and AndriodAPS
I'm not a pumper and am a little puzzled by all this but I hope it goes well for you!

Reactions: Gaz-M

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

I walked off yesterday's carb-related treats in fine style and have woken up on an excellent starting number for a Sunday morning Some Long Walk days I do really well with the insulin guestimate for how much to take off for food when out walking, and others it goes pear-shaped and rage bolusing may or may not take place when I'm home. The trick really seems to be a short walk after any evening meal regardless of how many miles I've done in the day. SImilar to Sunday Morning's new routine of a 45 minutes walk before church.

Also, it's a beautifully sunny day. The housework may get left again especially as I've got to be the Responsible Adult for some days this week whilst Main Colleague is out on training and therefore I need to do a bit of a think about how to get some stuff done, whilst making Other Colleagues thinking it was their idea. Ideally, so I can sit down with the written work and sort out what hasn't been done properly. Technically I'm not responsible for half the group's written work, the reality is all the students prefer me to check their work, as I get it right first time before it goes through the official marking process. The tactful explanation is I've supported on this course for 4 years now, the less tactful will get me moderated for bad language.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just had a tortilla crammed with chicken, peppers and onions - if I’m brave I may test my BS later on!!!
Morning from sunny Somerset. After my mini carb fest last night I plucked up courage and, with some intrepidation, tested after 2 hours and got a 6.4 so had a packet of popcorn and 2 clementines and went to bed at 6.1 - my FBS at 5.30 this morning was 5.2 so not a bad result.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Morning all. Woke up on 4.6 which was a surprise but I'm pleased.

I don't have that many plans for the day - I had some sort of non-specific snotty bug last week which never came to anything, but left me tired (actually shattered). Gone now, which is great, so I'll be able to get back to my stitching without it giving me a stonking great headache. I've felt sort of naked without a needle and thread around me.

Reactions: karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There’s been an overnight frost here but it’s beautifully sunny now. Hurrah! Bring on Sunday.

Reactions: SueJB

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all and maybe time to lower the basal. I walked a whole kilometre yesterday, and did a fair bit at home compared to the last few weeks, including cooking a veg curry. Only the second time I’ve cooked since coming back home. 7.1 before sleep, 5.2 at 3.00 am and 2.6 on waking. Let’s see what tonight brings.
The beginning of more activity’s great, especially since last night wasn’t interrupted by the lightening strikes inside Hamish. Early days so I know the celebration may be transient. I’m not yet walking as far as your mother is Becca.
I also visited the shops for the first time since the op. Oh my, so much stuff! No, I didn’t buy it all even though the spring-cheerful flowery kettle in Lidl was tempting. We DON’T need a new kettle.
The prime object of the outing was to get new sensors from Asda, just in case the Consultant letter’s not processed early enough.
Asda here are waiting on an Abbott order, again, and the pharmacist said they’ll be needing to limit the number people can buy. Just giving you all the heads up in case it’s nationwide.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

It is good (in an odd way)* to know that shops are already limiting purchases. I must confess I have stockpiled my epilepsy meds as I take a lot of it every day and it's not hugely popular, so I figured it won't be top of the list for the government to import. If I am caught without any at all, I tend not to leave the house - got no wish to end up in A&E again. The outpouring of energy into a long seizure is huge, and my blood sugar would plummet - very worrying.

The rest of my meds I'll manage without but insulin and carbemazepine (the epilepsy meds) are a total must. Every time they tell us not to worry it adds to my stress levels because I know that means "Oh ****, we're right in the deep stuff now".

ETA - 'cos now I know they're taking it seriously too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning from that London and some eye wateringly high levels after takeaway two nights running. I’ve obviously got to hone my carb counting skills for random plastic boxes of spicy food... I hit 13 on Friday night and 16 last night. Ouch. A 2.45u rage bolus this morning will probably have me through the floor later, but let’s see. And I feel hideous, I’ve not hit double figures in MONTHS. The march was amazing yesterday, I’ve seen my blue wig and 5m flagpole combo of a Welsh windsock and Celtic Nations flag plus 8’ EU job on the front of many of the online newspapers, including the Guardian, Times and BBC. Unofficial polices estimates are that two million people were on the streets. Was a lovely carnival atmosphere, I saw hardly any police. Met up with old school friends and my son’s godfather too.

Back to reality and the day job of teaching physics tomorrow. At least my food will be back to normal, and hopefully my sugars. But first brunch in my favourite Turkish restaurant here in lovely Wood Green. I can deal with my usual meal of menemen there! A gentle stroll around the market to buy some interesting vegetables and proper halloumi, and it’s home to the Rhondda, collecting teenager en route. HideousSmallDiesel has proved itself very comfortable and pleasant to drive on a long journey in heavy traffic, much to my annoyance. And it does over sixty to the gallon. I almost don’t mind it :D

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, isn't it a lovely day? Well it is here in Oxford anyway. A friend's coming for lunch so I'd better get out in the garden now.
Have a great Sunday whatever you get up to.

Reactions: WuTwo

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Am just off to wake the village up by ringing the church bells for the 9.30 service then out to lunch with brother and sister in law.

Reactions: Japes
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning lovely people. Awoke on a 7.8. before bed 5,8, i had a few hypo's yesterday afternoon, but treated them with :meh: which they so rightly deserve ;)
Had a fantastic time at Brooklands yesterday, didn't see all of it though, but it was fantastic, especially on board Concorde and the Barnes Wallace bouncing bomb was enormous :wideyed: loved it all :happy:
Dinner was all ready when we got back and we (friend) enjoyed the sausage casserole and fresh fruit with crème fraîche. Took lots of photo's, so I will have to fathom a way of making them smaller to upload on here, without them being too small:oops:
Take care and Happy Sunday x

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Am just off to wake the village up by ringing the church bells for the 9.30 service then out to lunch with brother and sister in law.

Have a lovely Sunday Daphne and ringing those wonderful church bells:)

Reactions: Daphne917