Diabetes Medication

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We moan about our struggling NHS, but we have it, and we have free life-saving medications and treatments. Sometimes we can lose sight of just how lucky we are..

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
We moan about our struggling NHS, but we have it, and we have free life-saving medications and treatments. Sometimes we can lose sight of just how lucky we are..

You can say that again!

M

Member496333

Technically speaking, the NHS is only free at the point of sale, but yes it is wonderful knowing that any illnesses aren’t going to require a bank loan or heavy insurance premiums (although some might argue that we pay those premiums through NI contributions). I have my own views regarding the standard of care for type 2 diabetes, but thankfully I’m able to manage my condition on my own, so none of it really affects me personally. Overall I agree that we in the UK have it easy compared to many other nations with regard to our healthcare system.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Technically speaking, the NHS is only free at the point of sale, but yes it is wonderful knowing that any illnesses aren’t going to require a bank loan or heavy insurance premiums (although some might argue that we pay those premiums through NI contributions). I have my own views regarding the standard of care for type 2 diabetes, but thankfully I’m able to manage my condition on my own, so none of it really affects me personally. Overall I agree that we in the UK have it easy compared to many other nations with regard to our healthcare system.
Yes, we do still pay for it. I have been paying for it all through my life since leaving school. And hardly used it for many many years. NI is what it says on the tin, an insurance. I have a full set of NI contributions.