Low carb programme cost increase

LCHForever

Hi all. Was considering doing the low carb programme but see the cost has gone from a one off £29.99 to £69.99 for one year.
Not sure it is worth this?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Was considering doing the low carb programme but see the cost has gone from a one off £29.99 to £69.99 for one year.
Not sure it is worth this?
Hello there. There is also, a monthly option, as I understand it.

Reactions: LCHForever

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Do you really need it? There are loads of freebie stuff.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I refused to cough up £30 for something I couldn't preview. I followed the advice of the forum their links and cautiously used Dr Google. I did just fine.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The low carb program is mostly aimed as "passive learners", but people who use forums are mostly "active learners". Hence the fact you are asking the question on a forum makes me think you may not need the program.

Personally I think for "active learners" it is best to buy and read these two books.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diabetes-Code-Prevent-Reverse-Naturally/dp/1771642653
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Living/dp/0983490708

But if you are not happy understanding science, one of the many other lowcarb books may be better then the 2nd book.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For information on this one; the Low Carb Programm has two subscriptions these days. (Anyone joining on older terms retains those terms, so no change for them). The options available to new joiners today are:

Monthly: £14.99 a month with a 7 day free trial (14.99 charged after 7 day free trial)
Annually: £69.99 for the year.

The programmes is a structured educational programme, over a number of weeks, and includes many aspects and options of moving towards better health, including mental health aspects and more recently fasting. Some people like the structured learning approach, and others prefer to tackle things at their own, maybe fast pace.

The programme has been massively successful in turning many people's diabetes around, but only the individual can decide if it's right for them.

This video is getting on a bit and there's now much more data out there, but I need to do some smarter YouTube searches for that.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd been low carbing well before the programme started, and I joined out of curiosity when it was free but was already getting all the info & help I needed from the forum and Google, with a bit of common sense thrown in..

I prefer to spend my limited funds on test strips and decent food, but it is probably worth considering if you are new, uncertain how to cope, and prefer to have more structured help?

Robbity

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Can’t you go to your doctors and get referred to the program for free?

Hello there Controlnow. Have you been referred yourself to the programme?

As I understand things, it's taking a little while for GPs to catch onto this, but it'll happen, I'm sure.

Controlnow

Hello there Controlnow. Have you been referred yourself to the programme?

As I understand things, it's taking a little while for GPs to catch onto this, but it'll happen, I'm sure.

No I have not I have just moved n so need to change to a local Doctors. I am hoping they have heard of the scheme and would be in favour of it and refer me so i could do it through them and the NHS. At this point I don’t know how likely that is!

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The NHS agreed to 'prescribe' the lowcarbprogram last year - so it should be possible to get it free if you are in England.

nasalu

I am very new to this lowcarb thing, so what I am doing is just looking around forums and internet for the info I need.

So far I am happy with the free resources I found.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The NHS agreed to 'prescribe' the lowcarbprogram last year - so it should be possible to get it free if you are in England.

Whilst what you say is absolutely true, the specifics of approvals and prescribing sits with each CCG and then at surgery level. Each CCG also defines the process to be used at their level.