What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 today. Tomorrow I’m running 31miles (50km) in a trail race from Manchester to Sowerby Bridge. The training has been brutal but I’m ready - it’s my first ever marathon.
I’ll report back tomorrow afternoon.
Hope you are all well.
Good luck rhubarb

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday 24 March
6:50 AM : 7.3. Not happy but ok...

Last night dinner at a friend’s place. Indian food. How is it possible to avoid carbs with a Vegetarian Indian dinners? ☹️

Saag paneer is one of my favourites. Also aubergine or okra based dishes provided they are not too heavy on the onions or tomatoes in the sauce.
It’s hard when you are a guest in someone else’s house though I agree, theres a difficult line to walk between not wanting to offend and avoiding the carbs.

Reactions: Freema and Shas3

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saag paneer is one of my favourites. Also aubergine or okra based dishes provided they are not too heavy on the onions or tomatoes in the sauce.
It’s hard when you are a guest in someone else’s house though I agree, theres a difficult line to walk between not wanting to offend and avoiding the carbs.

Totally right!!! Last night menu was - Puri (deep fried bread), Dum aaloo (Potatoes in spicy gravy), Pulav (rice!!), Rajma (red? Kidney? Beans)!!!! And Lasagna!! Brownie for dessert!!! I nibbled at some Rajma and a potato and just hoped that the alcohol prevented anyone from noticing that i was eating really slow

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chinese takeaway always increases my levels. Definitely contain all that is and with the world but taste nice
well live a little too , its not a bad spike in my opinion and the fish and chips sure tasted good along with the great company of friends , we're busy today got a lot of work to do in the garden putting some decking around an above ground pool ready for the summer, its only 17 feet long and not very deep but it is very nice to cool down in and also when we have barbecues .
I'm not disappointed at all because need to enjoy life and our blood sugar will drop again .
Have a great day its gorgeous sunshine here on the north east coast .

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday 24 March
6:50 AM : 7.3. Not happy but ok...

Last night dinner at a friend’s place. Indian food. How is it possible to avoid carbs with a Vegetarian Indian dinners? ☹️
First rule of low carb Indian food is to make it yourself - any store bought pastes, sauces, masalas can contain a whole host of sugar traps.
You could then use cauliflower or konjac (zero rice) to replace rice and make your own low carb naan bread. There are a lot of recipes online such as this one; https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter. It’s just the first one that came up.
Watch out for toppings like mango chutney - a very tasty sugar bomb.
Lastly - anything in a packet or jar - scrutinise the carb count (percentage per 100g)

All the best.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks on this bright and sunny Sunday morning here in the dark and dangerous north.
Fireworks and sparklers on the wheel of misery, balderdash and wonderment at 0750 with a green for go 4.7.
Have a great day if you can, meditate on the fact that eating out is fraught with danger if you can’t. Sugar bombs and carb ambuscades on every turn of the menu pages.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sun streaming in so blinds drawn from that direction in the morning and reversed this afternoon. Dew glistening on my nicely cut lawn - external environment pukka. Internally, 5.8 wholly sub-optimal but behaving as predicted. Resting pulse edging up over past week hopefully due to combination of inevitable result of exposure to Julie's near month long viral issue, warmer weather meaning much more outdoor work needed and diet tweaking (may need more than yesterday's 1700 cals but not 35/37 ish gms carbs). Still feel a properly configured LC diet should even out these peaks and troughs far better.
Edited to add@: Bestwishes @rhubarb73 and register my sheer delight at @dunelm's use of ambuscades
2 edits were a) to add congrats and b) original had 375 gms carbs

Last edited: