What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally right!!! Last night menu was - Puri (deep fried bread), Dum aaloo (Potatoes in spicy gravy), Pulav (rice!!), Rajma (red? Kidney? Beans)!!!! And Lasagna!! Brownie for dessert!!! I nibbled at some Rajma and a potato and just hoped that the alcohol prevented anyone from noticing that i was eating really slow

Oh goodness! In that case your fbg this morning is a great achievement.

Reactions: Shas3 and HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will be naked sunbathing in the bright sun this morning. I would like to add that I shall not be joining you.

A low for me 5.1 this morning.

I have been reliably informed that today is Sunday, far too much information before my morening koffy. Have a great day folks and remember no naked sunbathing in the front garden, think of the neighbours and their pets the word traumatization springs to mind.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well after a long awaited lie in, despite the sun shining I am now sat waiting for some illness to hit me. A 5.7 for me this morning. Yes you read that right. 5.7 yes I laughed the first time, thought silly meter, rewashed my hands and did again. To the exact same reading!! Wish I could say it was because I was naughty last night. But I wasn’t. Highest fbg since the first couple of weeks of diagnosis so can only presume there is something nasty brewing inside me or my body is not meant to lie in bed and that’s my punishment for doing so.
Off to a baby shower later - an afternoon tea type one. So that’ll be me politely declining every offer of food. Got my Hba1c bloods in the morning - perhaps my body is just laughing at me over this!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well after a long awaited lie in, despite the sun shining I am now sat waiting for some illness to hit me. A 5.7 for me this morning. Yes you read that right. 5.7 yes I laughed the first time, thought silly meter, rewashed my hands and did again. To the exact same reading!! Wish I could say it was because I was naughty last night. But I wasn’t. Highest fbg since the first couple of weeks of diagnosis so can only presume there is something nasty brewing inside me or my body is not meant to lie in bed and that’s my punishment for doing so.
Off to a baby shower later - an afternoon tea type one. So that’ll be me politely declining every offer of food. Got my Hba1c bloods in the morning - perhaps my body is just laughing at me over this!
Best wishes for the Hba1c in the morning - you should crush it. Baby showers? just wrong IMVHO wife and 89 yo MIL off to our daughter in laws in April. After buying the formula 1 moving about rig they better not be taking anything else.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke to a 5.8 a slightly sore throat and a snotty nose...feeling a bit more positive after a long hot shower may make an effort and comb my hair...beautiful day outside the sun is shining...no rain & my neighbour seems to have put his pneumatic drill away (making a drive on his property) for the moment...we had the full compliment yesterday...the drill...a mini digger & a very noisy electric roller:banghead::banghead::banghead:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Fasting blood sugars were 4.8 today.

@rhubarb73 -- Good luck on the marathon today -- I'm so impressed.
@Emma_369 -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your HbA1c tomorrow morning -- you will blow it out of the water.
@karen8967 -- Hugs for the coughs during the night. Hope you start feeling better soon.
@WHT -- Welcome to the thread.
@Bubbsie -- So sorry about your cold and the noisy neighbor. Hope your day improves. Get better soon!

Have an appointment tomorrow morning for fasting blood tests: HbA1c, cholesterol and liver. Then directly to work until late in the evening. Will take some nuts and cheese to tie me over.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Fasting blood sugars were 4.8 today.

@rhubarb73 -- Good luck on the marathon today -- I'm so impressed.
@Emma_369 -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your HbA1c tomorrow morning -- you will blow it out of the water.
@karen8967 -- Hugs for the coughs during the night. Hope you start feeling better soon.
@WHT -- Welcome to the thread.

Have an appointment tomorrow morning for fasting blood tests: HbA1c, cholesterol and liver. Then directly to work until late in the evening. Will take some nuts and cheese to tie me over.
Best wishes for tests in the morning before a long day. Your numbers are always excellent so you should ace it all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, Ian. I really appreciate your support. How's Julie?
You are entirely welcome. Thanks for asking after Julie. She seems to be improving but with a combination of steroids and tramadol it is hard to tell how much of that is a drug induced false dawn. Her voice is coming back to normal which is good for her ....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sun streaming in so blinds drawn from that direction in the morning and reversed this afternoon. Dew glistening on my nicely cut lawn - external environment pukka. Internally, 5.8 wholly sub-optimal but behaving as predicted. Resting pulse edging up over past week hopefully due to combination of inevitable result of exposure to Julie's near month long viral issue, warmer weather meaning much more outdoor work needed and diet tweaking (may need more than yesterday's 1700 cals but not 35/37 ish gms carbs). Still feel a properly configured LC diet should even out these peaks and troughs far better.
Edited to add@: Bestwishes @rhubarb73 and register my sheer delight at @dunelm's use of ambuscades
2 edits were a) to add congrats and b) original had 375 gms carbs
I love a good ambuscade - far more civilised than a mere ambush (bacon tree available).

Reactions: DJC3

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Morning all! (yes I know it's afternoon in the UK, you don't own my life) woke up to a 5.2 today which is still on target for me, taking it as the fact my monitor tends to be a little wonky at times with my low 4's last night.

@Emma_369 @ziggy_w All the best of luck on your HBA1C's, I am sure all will be well and Emma I really hope that you get well soon if it is something nasty brewing.

To all those getting ill I do hope you feel better soon, nothing worse really!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello lovely people!

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.

After a scary weeks, some good news this morning. Down to 114! My meter measurement is different here in the US but I think this would be 6.3 in UK measure? I feel a bit better but my vision is still blurry.

I have found on
Thanks for asking @PenguinMum .

Surprisingly well.
After yesterday's great results I tested this morning (current time here 1pm)
At my LOWEST Score EVER...4.8
Retested just to check..and was
the full Mc Garrett...5.0.

Going for a swim now to celebrate

Take care.

Love to all
4.7 this morning. Lazy day today for a change and cannot wait. Enjoy all, and hugs to everyone not feeling their best

e of the culprits -- bad on me not reading labels! Coffeemate creamer! It has 5 grams of sugar per tablespoon. So was consuming ~60 grams of added sugar just in my daily coffees :( Switching to cream as that has 0 grams sugar. (Not concerned with calories, I do well with that - just sugar).

Does anyone know -- after a crisis where your vision gets blurry -- how long it takes to go back to normal? I have a diabetic eye exam scheduled in 2 weeks but I'm eager to know others experience as I'm having a difficult time with work (little laptop screen...)