What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
love the animals...who feeds them?
The beach dogs belong to the people who live by the beach, fishermen, and beach shack bar/restaurants. I was always wary of them as there is rabies in India, though the beach dogs are vaccinated against it. I like cats but again I don't usually get too close.

James_Donnelly

4.8 this morning.

Really, I wake up under 5 every single day and it's usually closer to 4 than 5. Woke up at 2.9 the other day.

I've dropped my basal insulin so much in the last 8 months. I've lost 45 Lbs and eat a lot less carbs now so that's no surprise but I was on 18 units a night and last night I moved down from 7 to 6 units a night. Just trying to stop waking up at 3.8-4.2 so hoping going to 6 as opposed to 7 may give me a tiny bump. I'm happy to wake up at 4.8 but not so happy at 4.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are, well just those who are ( insert word here ).*

An unsurprising 6.1 on the meter this morning.

Well folks my day is already defined. Is yours?
Here in Tilehurst Reading Mrs J rules the roost and I have her permission to say so.
Well folks have a good one.

Hand and foot note
* Not politicians

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All. 7.0 which will make for a tetchy day. Maybe my natural insulin is starting to run out but next HBA1c will tell.
@ziggy_w a bit late but good luck with tests but I am sure it will be great!
@karen8967 and @Bubbsie hope you get better quickly. Be gentle with yourselves.
Hope you all have a good Monday. stay well, stay safe.
thanks penguinmum a little bit better today taking it easy today as i start my new job tomorrow xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Emma_369 and @ziggy_w best wishes for Hba1c not luck needed you both have consistently excellent numbers and work hard for your control. @Dawnmc71 yesterday sounds like a perfect day to me and contrary to what they write in public I doubt many people actually understand diabetes - they make peace with it. @karen8967 and @Bubbsie hope the illnesses subside hastily. @Chronicle_Cat greaat knowledge of Indian food and estimable weight loss + fbg levels.
My fbg was 5.8 - completely sub-optimal. Man and nutrition not in harmony there. Controlling zero dark thirty wake up apparently involves liquid Krispy Kremes roaming the estate disguised as blood.
thanks ian x

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, up late today, phaffing about with a dodgy libra sensor in the dangerous darkness last night.
The ci-devant holder of the wheel of mystery et al., malfunctioned, so I am relying on consultations with the Zend-Avesta holding an astrolabe because the sun is out.
Anyhow, the booming voice of Helios determined a shining 4.8.

Footnote (other body part notes available) - Found another sensor, fitted, operating within whatever parameters they operate in and the nice lady called “Susan” located somewhere east of the Gulf of Oman is sending me a replacement sensor.

Have a geat day if you can, it’s manatee appreciation day in the Pastifarian Calendar.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
A lovely 5.3 this sunny morning! Got to get a few things done in the house, sanding down some of the wood work in my room that went up over the weekend and then a late meeting at work tonight but I broke my OMAD yesterday so that'll explain the 5.3 but hey it's still not diabetic fasting blood sugar SO I SHALL TAKE IT!

Hope the week goes well for you lovely people.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The beach dogs belong to the people who live by the beach, fishermen, and beach shack bar/restaurants. I was always wary of them as there is rabies in India, though the beach dogs are vaccinated against it. I like cats but again I don't usually get too close.

Reminds me of the bar-restaurant cats we met on Hilton Head Island. ^. .^ . .^ Bar cats and barn cats -- a great life. :)

BTW 6.2 for me this morning. I'm good with that.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Prem51 got most of it right, though there are strays as well who frequent the beach (animal charities do a great deal, but animal ownership is nowhere near as ''caring' re sterilisation etc as We in UK are used to..)

Dogs are pretty tidy, and will dig and bury,
( and I can't remember seeing one doing anything in sight on the beach.)

Yep for being careful, ...though most just want a hug and the company it seems, the free food they get seems like an added bonus.

I hear what ya say, re bikes and dogs, @Prem51 ..and if I'm honest when I first came out you could add.
*Airplanes
*Malaria
*Snakes ( sea and land)
*Bag snatches

And many others to the list of "things to be wary of"

But as I ride a bIggish bike in London ( :watching: )
I've got used to ' rationalising ' ACCEPTABLE Risks.

And I suppose as diabetics, we play that game, everyday

But we are all different of course, what suits one, won't suit every one.

Personally I've never been a victim of any bike, bag, or animal attack anywhere I've travelled, but I DO realise it DOES happen, and that I perhaps have been lucky.

But I always try to go in eyes wide open, evaluate and try not to let it interfere with what I'd LIKE to do,
if i feel I can balance the risks.

Though I do have to own up to having to abandon a scooter one year, as we fed bananas to the cows and a herd greedily engulfed us... Cue much laughter by us (and the small crowd who gathered ) at the stupidity of the situation..hahaha :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, up late today, phaffing about with a dodgy libra sensor in the dangerous darkness last night.
The ci-devant holder of the wheel of mystery et al., malfunctioned, so I am relying on consultations with the Zend-Avesta holding an astrolabe because the sun is out.
Anyhow, the booming voice of Helios determined a shining 4.8.

Footnote (other body part notes available) - Found another sensor, fitted, operating within whatever parameters they operate in and the nice lady called “Susan” located somewhere east of the Gulf of Oman is sending me a replacement sensor.

Have a geat day if you can, it’s manatee appreciation day in the Pastifarian Calendar.

Manatee_National_Geographic_MM.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lovely 5.3 this sunny morning! Got to get a few things done in the house, sanding down some of the wood work in my room that went up over the weekend and then a late meeting at work tonight but I broke my OMAD yesterday so that'll explain the 5.3 but hey it's still not diabetic fasting blood sugar SO I SHALL TAKE IT!

Hope the week goes well for you lovely people.

What is an OMAD?

Reactions: HarryBeau