What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
thanks everyone for all your well wishes and words of support ive had a great first day staff all seem lovely (time will tell haha ) xx
I really do hope that it all went well for you!

Reactions: HarryBeau
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Veronica wondering where are you based...on those measurements I'm assuming it's outside the UK?...here we tend to measure our blood sugars in % or mmol/L...on the assumption your BG is recorded in mg/dl that would roughly convert to a 16.9 in our system...that is high but can be managed with the right regime...wondering how long since your diagnosis?...were you started on insulin immediately or is that a response to increasing blood sugars...when I was diagnosed my blood sugars were at 17.4 now I have an average of 5.7 so with the right regime we can make a positive difference.

Thank you, Bubbsie - I definitely need a more positive outlook right now -- so helpful and thank you for taking the time :))

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Folks. Been off thread for a few days. Been on a bender actually. I can't have one drink. It's either no drink or the whole bottle.

Lots of stress. My nephew is coming to the UK from Canada and we have yacht sailing planned, on my boat, South Coast to France. My fresh water tank was leaking. Plus some other yachtee stuff. But, I seem to have fixed these issues, touch wood!

Alcohol is a powerful force. I used to work for a brewery. It is not so easy to say adios. Placing this alongside diabetes T2 gives me extra challenge.

I know that many people on this forum have their own issues. I think we need to be motivated by Winston Churchill who said "Let Us move Forward Together".

I think we need pics of your boat. ;)

Forw

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi

17.5?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And after a day of raising endless glasses to many, many new Indian friends & Hindu Gods

This morning despite the hangover, was a charmingly civilised 6.0 (get in )

lauren holi ransom.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Woke up to a 4.6 today.

@Bubbsie and @PenguinMum -- Yes, I think quite a lot of us see numbers rise in the morning when we don't eat. For me, numbers usually drop after getting up, even if not by much.

The morning of the blood test, blood sugars were all over the place, which I putting down to stress.

4.8 mmol getting up
4.3 mmol arrving at GP's practice
5.1 mmol during the blood test 15 minutes later
3.7 mmol another 15 minutes later after leaving the practice
6.1 mmol after a further 30 minutes, where it then stayed a while.

Each time, I measured at least twice to confirm. I just find it really fascinating how sensitive our blood sugars are to stress.

Have a great day all.