Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good afternoon teabags, and hope you all get through the day in fit shape to enjoy the wine, cider etc.
Mel, you’ll deserve it! I’ve never been able to look at the logic of shutting up over-active brain-mayhemmed 13 year olds in a classroom all day. A lovely friend brought peace to older versions of the same by taking her rescue dog into the classroom. They loved her and I see that the interweave’s alive with the ‘new’ thinking that this is a good thing.
Hope you won’t be hitting the vodka this evening Karen for anything other than a celebration of a great first day!
Aw, Cumbs, puppy training with your little cutie, gorgeous!
My news of the day? I’ve had a shower!!!! A shower! At last - and it was wonderful! Simple pleasures are the best!

FG I’m much preferring shower over a bath

Puppy training has knackered her she’s slept since 8pm

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good afternoon all.
Welcome to the forum @champ200581 and the little bit of sanity/insanity that is this thread. Hope you’re feeling better, keep well hydrated, plenty of fluids ( the watery type:) ).
As for the regulars, well I hope today’s trials and tribulations haven’t left you to high or low.
Sausage and chips soon to be devoured, sneaky feeling I may pop out of range for a while. Been good all day between 4 and 8.
Liking people’s new avatars, guess we’ll all have to have a re think now:):).

Sausage and chips mmm mmm

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good arvo,
The Pollock is out of the freezer ready for roasted pollock with fennel and balsamic tomatoes with a side of sweet potato wedges.
But first I think the gym is calling. I am tempted to ignore it but I missed spin yesterday and climbing was not a strenuous as usual. When the full contingent attend, there are two guys and two women. The guys were unavailable last night so it was just the women and we paid a little more attention than normal on the important climbing technique best described as "catching up over a cuppa".

@Cumberland I can't believe Wispa is off to school already. It seems only yesterday when you bought her home. I guess it's just another example of kids growing up so fast. I hope you don't let her get led astray by any of the larger dogs.

Helen

She’s holding her own with the other pups much more confident than last week there are 4 girl pups and 1 boy and it’s the boy who is showing a bit of an attitude (he is the biggest)

The girls all seem fine together when they interact

Reactions: hh1

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland Puppy training! How hard is it to be firm with such a cutee?

Becca

She can’t bear not to be near me
Everywhere I go she’s on my heels
She’s so tiny we got a little bell to put on her collar so we can hear her jingle when she walks or runs

She understands ‘no’ and 'ouch’ that’s as firm as I’ve been with her

She gets lots of cuddles, she’s a Daddies girl lol

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Am getting excited, off on hollybobs to Keswick on Friday. Although retired, our lives have been so ridiculously busy since Christmas am in need of some down time. Just husband and me with no alarm clocks (yes even retired people have to set alarms) pub lunches, walks in hiking boots. Lots of Kindle reading and copious amounts of wine. The weather forecast has just shown cold weather for next week but I don’t care. I have thermals!

Becca

I hope it’s not too cold in Keswick
How long are you staying?
A trip on the lake perhaps

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good evening fine folks. Turns out my unpredictable BG may not have been the lipohypertrophy after all, as I was up half the night trying not to be sick. An irritating gastric problem which I thought I'd seen the last of after going keto a year ago. Still changed infusion site back to my abs this morning anyway. So I had a sick day and sat in the garden listening to a podcast all about cholesterol and trying to understand what the Dickens my body is trying to do to me. Today's BGs have been a bit on the high side, I did get it down to 6 at one point, I was hoping it would stay there, but body had other ideas...

@Cumberland puppy training is awesome, and well worth putting in the time. Me and my pooch meet too many ill-tempered dogs on our walks. Did I mention my daugher's favourite is a Daschund?

@helensaramay catching up over a cuppa is more important than any knots or carabiners.

@Mel dCP i hope you got through your day relatively unscathed in the end. You deserve a medal, or at least some vino and choc. (BTW, my 13yo is nothing like that, and would join you in condemning the behaviour of her peers you describe.)

Colin

What kind of doggy have you got?
I’ve never had a dog before (except for puppy Banger) who passed away between Christmas and New Year at 12 weeks old and was a mini dachshund) and since I retired I thought I’d get one to keep me active

Decision was between another mini dachshund or a Jack Russell (I like both) the mini (Wispa) I couldn’t resist once I saw her

Does your daughter have a dachshund?

Reactions: Robinredbreast

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone.
All jabs done, coffee done, dressed done and waiting for pre bolus to kick in then it’ll be smoothie time.
Almost feels like I need to open the back door and let Wispa out for early morning piddle.
@Cumberland . It appears you have given the thread our own puppy dog:). Win win all round.
Have a fun packed Wednesday everyone.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Cumberland Have hired a house for the week. Weather doesn’t look too good, but will wrap up accordingly. Will hopefully do our favourite walks, one of which includes the boat down to the Lodore then over the back from Grange to Seatoller and bus back. Used to go up high, but husbands knee not up to it anymore. Do our best, but the best bit is the views atmosphere and being somewhere that has lots of happy memories.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, I’m pretending to be a physics teacher today. Up half the night with incessant high alerts ... Catch you later!

Reactions: Cumberland

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Home today (except shopping and dog walking) and looking forward to it. Himself had a very upset tummy yesterday and feels delicate today so I'm glad to be home so that maybe he'll chill out for the day and let me do whatever needs to be done.

@Cumberland - how did Wispa get on at school?

@Mel dCP - hope all goes well with you being the physics teacher. Is it that same school with those same kids?

All the rest of us - have a good day, stay level, and stay safe :playful:

Edited, as always, for spelling

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Colin

What kind of doggy have you got?
I’ve never had a dog before (except for puppy Banger) who passed away between Christmas and New Year at 12 weeks old and was a mini dachshund) and since I retired I thought I’d get one to keep me active

Decision was between another mini dachshund or a Jack Russell (I like both) the mini (Wispa) I couldn’t resist once I saw her

Does your daughter have a dachshund?
No, our youngest is only 9, so her own dog is a way off yet, although she does have a tortoise already... Her love of Daschunds stems from Schnitzel Von Krumm in the 'Hairy Maclary' books.

Our hound is an Italian Spinone called Elmo. He's five now.
pp.jpg
pp2.jpg

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well my BG is still on the high side this morning: xdrip woke me at 5am, fingerstick said 9.6, took 2u and rolled back over. Now struggling to bring it under 7. So I think I need another sick day...
I wish I was on holiday enjoying hill walks!
@Cumberland how did Wispa get on?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Home today (except shopping and dog walking) and looking forward to it. Himself had a very upset tummy yesterday and feels delicate today so I'm glad to be home so that maybe he'll chill out for the day and let me do whatever needs to be done.

@Cumberland - how did Wispa get on at school?

@Mel dCP - hope all goes well with you being the physics teacher. Is it that same school with those same kids?

All the rest of us - have a good day, stay level, and stay safe :playful:

Edited, as always, for spelling

No, it’s my fairly regular school today. I teach Biology here every Friday as a fixed thing and then do cover at other times. The kids are ok now they’ve got to l ow me a bit, and I them. It’s going in cold to a classroom of kids where I have no idea who has what issues that can be a problem!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning and Happy Wednesday, went to bed 6.3 and awoke on a 2.6 :wideyed: so head is feeling a bit flufficated :rolleyes:
Hope the highs get lower and visa versa for the low's, take care out there :)

K

Knikki

Morning...

~sigh~ screwed up again running high 11.5 first thing, so inject and eat BUT forgot to inject :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:, Oh Libre still 3 points out and I can just about get xDrip to work, this sensor is going at the end of the week if not sooner.

Now RAGE bolus so now with 18 units IoB, ar least I have stopped going up and might even be going down. :bag:

Least the coffee tastes good this morning. (see bright side to everything)

@Mel dCP Good luck with the bin lids today :)

@Colin of Kent Wow that's a nice looking dog you have love the bib :)

@karen8967 Good news on the job front :)

@porl69 and anyone else using Andriod and ticwatch, my system has been a pain over the last week and after mooching around found that the Wear OS on the phone and watch were out of sync, so last night updated both to the latest version numbers and so far things have been more stable. So if things playing up check your phone has not updated which may throw things out.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well my BG is still on the high side this morning: xdrip woke me at 5am, fingerstick said 9.6, took 2u and rolled back over. Now struggling to bring it under 7. So I think I need another sick day...
I wish I was on holiday enjoying hill walks!
@Cumberland how did Wispa get on?

Colin

She was fine at puppy class