I am so fed up with the effect of stress on my blood sugars.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I’m a waste of nhs resource. It’ll go eventually.
Everyone is entitled to have their health condition treated and delaying treatment is only likely to increase the cost not only health-wise to you but also to the health system.
Complaining about high BSL and not getting the cause (ie a possible infection) looked at helps no-one.
It does help your MIL in any way but in fact could add worry. It leaves you in a worse position, it is in fact selfish.

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Everyone is entitled to have their health condition treated and delaying treatment is only likely to increase the cost not only health-wise to you but also to the health system.
Complaining about high BSL and not getting the cause (ie a possible infection) looked at helps no-one.
It does help your MIL in any way but in fact could add worry. It leaves you in a worse position, it is in fact selfish.

No she won’t worry about me. Trust me!
Anyway I’m going to my course now.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The rest of your family will worry more even if the mil doesn’t. And they would be devastated and affected for life if anything did happen to you. Life is tough for you all right now in a multitude of ways. Some self care is essential so you can support them in turn

I appreciate you are sick and depressed and can’t see it but you are making yourself worse by not eating and not treating illness and not seeking help for bloods,throat and depression. All these things will make you feel worse and keep you stuck in this cycle of self loathing. And deep down i think you know this, as posting on here and getting the responses you will get (and in fact know you’ll get from past postings) is crying out for help. It’s like you are torn between wanting to hate yourself and wanting someone - us - to talk sense into you.

Do it for your kids and your partner until you can do it for yourself.

YOU NEED HELP. NOW

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Anyway I deserve to feel ill so it’s fine.
No-one deserves to be ill - well apart from a few very bad criminals that you read about in the news and it just makes you shudder.

Edited by Mod

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You have faith in nothing unless you have some faith in yourself.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No she won’t worry about me. Trust me!
Anyway I’m going to my course now.

Do the right thing, stop making this all about you, and start focussing on your children needing you, if nothing else, and get some medical and mental health treatment.

No way are they not going to have breaks, give you drinks etc etc.

Edited by Mod.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ladies and gentlemen can we please keep to the subject of the OP, that being the effect of stress on blood sugar levels, not derailing by discussing the type of people who end up on speed awareness courses. Thank you.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So the course is over and done. I’m sure you’re glad there’s one less thing on your list.

Please put the worry of this speeding issue to bed for good now. Remember the good things taught and reminded of today but the stress from this is over. “Punishment” done.

Please now address the other stressors that you are able to address - leaving some capacity to deal with those you can’t change. Ie go see a dr for your bloods, throat and starving yourself . These physical ailments can be improved which in turn help mental state. Also discuss your anxiety and depression. This too can be improved. But only you can do it. Take the first step.

Reactions: lucylocket61

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So the course is over and done. I’m sure you’re glad there’s one less thing on your list.

Please put the worry of this speeding issue to bed for good now. Remember the good things taught and reminded of today but the stress from this is over. “Punishment” done.

Please now address the other stressors that you are able to address - leaving some capacity to deal with those you can’t change. Ie go see a dr for your bloods, throat and starving yourself . These physical ailments can be improved which in turn help mental state. Also discuss your anxiety and depression. This too can be improved. But only you can do it. Take the first step.

Thank you. It is done but it doesn’t change anything does it. I’m still a criminal. They told us we were idiot drivers...

Seriously I’m a waste of nhs resource. I would like my bloods to settle down though. They’ve been slightly better today but I think maybe the tonsillitis isn’t helping. Once that’s gone it might not be so bad.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. It is done but it doesn’t change anything does it. I’m still a criminal. They told us we were idiot drivers...

Technically, the offence was settled out of court. I doubt we will hear about it on crime watch.. :)

The throat problems will abate with a little TLC. Keep an eye on the BGs when this does happen, if you've increased basal for the "sick days.?"

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing any of us say is going to help the poster who needs professional help. I think all we are doing is feeding into the entire issue and possibly making it worse.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m still a criminal.
Actually no you’re not. There was no conviction therefore no criminal record. And even if you had been prosecuted and found guilty speeding is not a criminal offence, just a traffic offence.