Insulin injection

purplesunsets

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Long story short we have a home care nurse for a family member and I asked if they could do my insulin cause my arm hurt and I couldn't do it. I noticed by feeling she didn't let go of the pinch till the injection was done. Would that affect my reading or sugar level? Or insulin amount that waa absorbed? I know you let go of the pinch of the needle is in. Silly question but caution.

D

Deleted Account

That is the way I was told to inject.
I think advice has changed slightly now as, with shorter needles, you shouldn't have to pinch unless you are slimmer.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I was told to inject like that back in 1971! With the shorter needles I don't even think there is a need to pince unless you are super slim :)
But there wont be any differences

Roseanne01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
'isms'. Not being able to eat potatoes.
Long story short we have a home care nurse for a family member and I asked if they could do my insulin cause my arm hurt and I couldn't do it. I noticed by feeling she didn't let go of the pinch till the injection was done. Would that affect my reading or sugar level? Or insulin amount that waa absorbed? I know you let go of the pinch of the needle is in. Silly question but caution.

Stomach is way easier. Are you using a pen?

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
I was told "Do not pinch"
I inject in my tummy in a smily face pattern under belly button from the right to the left side with sort of 2 inch gaps between injection each day... then just start gain from the right again
Po