NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Realistically, I think that if someone has decided meat is unhealthy, they’re unlikely to be convinced otherwise. That’s my experience anyway.
I used to think that meat wasn't healthy. Now I eat almost only meat, apart from eggs and cheese.

Reactions: Member496333

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s personal choice end of the day.
I don’t want eat meat, i could write on here for hours about the reasons, evidence, but those who chose to eat and think it’s healthy is clearly not going to take any notice In what I say.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There’s plenty of evidence and studies that show eating less/no meat is better for your health, I felt bad consuming meat and I used to always feel weird after eating it.
would you mind sharing some links about this please? I am interested in learning more.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t want eat meat, i could write on here for hours about the reasons, evidence, but those who chose to eat and think it’s healthy is clearly not going to take any notice In what I say.
I take notice. I have not closed my mind to learning. I am not looking to change your mind, but welcome information for me to make informed choices in my own diet.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies and gents, this thread started with a request for feedback on whether the original poster's diet was balanced or not. The thread does not appear to have been created to debate whether the vegan lifestyle is sensible or not.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem is Molly, that here the carnivores outway the omnivores and herbivores in many instances. :D

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why eat something that you're not fussy on? There is a wealth of choice out there. Every other day is not a treat esp if you don't like it. While dark chocolate has its merits and for some people is an aquired taste I do not see the rationale in your decision.
I think I answered that question elsewhere. It is to introduce variety into my diet. Is that okay with you?

Like Molly I have my reasons and don’t feel the need to account for absolutely every morsel that goes into my mouth.

I do not see the rationale in your question.

I think I have also explained that I have found LCHF dieting particularly difficult for me under my circumstances. You might find it easy. But I don’t. Lucky you if you do. If I take a small bar of 85% chocolate whether I enjoy it or not is up to me, and I don’t expect the Spanish Inquisition over it.

Thankyou.

Last edited:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem is Molly that here the carnivores outway the omnivores and herbivores in many instances. :D
we do not know that. We dont know the dietary choices of many on here, including those who read but dont post. There are as many types of diet on here as there are members. If peoples blood sugars are OK, then they are all valid.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
we do not know that. We dont know the dietary choices of many on here, including those who read but dont post. There are as many types of diet on here as there are members. If peoples blood sugars are OK, then they are all valid.
Agreed. But I am okay with Mollys choices.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

No more than you would ... so pointless isn't it

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I think I answered that question elsewhere. It is to introduce variety into my diet. Is that okay with you?

Like Molly I have my reasons and don’t feel the need to account for absolutely every morsel that goes into my mouth.

I think I have also explained that I have found LCHF dieting particularly difficult for me under my circumstances. You might find it easy. But I don’t. Lucky you if you do. If I take a small bar of 85% chocolate whether I enjoy it or not is up to me, and I don’t expect the Spanish Inquisition over it.

Thankyou.

No inquisition just a point of clarity.

And you are most welcome.

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem is Molly that here the carnivores outway the omnivores and herbivores in many instances. :D
I

Thankyou.

Low carb just doesn’t work for everyone, at least your doing what’s working for you.
I have actually been speaking to a nutritionist who says a plant based high fibre diet is great at reversing diabetes, which I think I’m going to go for and see if it works for me and my body, I’m still all new to this so it’s so confusing and difficult to find the perfect diet

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I

Low carb just doesn’t work for everyone, at least your doing what’s working for you.
I have actually been speaking to a nutritionist who says a plant based high fibre diet is great at reversing diabetes, which I think I’m going to go for and see if it works for me and my body, I’m still all new to this so it’s so confusing and difficult to find the perfect diet
And I respect your choice. I keep an open mind. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I

I would be grateful if you would share the diet with me? I have got into my head that carbs turn to glucose, which raises blood sugar levels, so the only thing to do is reduce carbs. But perhaps its not a straightforward as that, and there is more to this process than meets the eye.

The response these days to the idea of a plant based diet for type 2 diabetics is similar to the response LCHF got on here when i joined 7 years ago. Informed choices should be encouraged, so information is essential, in my view.

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would be grateful if you would share the diet with me? I have got into my head that carbs turn to glucose, which raises blood sugar levels, so the only thing to do is reduce carbs. But perhaps its not a straightforward as that, and there is more to this process than meets the eye.

The response these days to the idea of a plant based diet for type 2 diabetics is similar to the response LCHF got on here when i joined 7 years ago. Informed choices should be encouraged, so information is essential, in my view.

So a high fibre diet is supposed to be great in reversing diabetes.....consisting of lots of vegetables, beans, lentils and fruits with whole grains like quinoa, oats and lower/healthier fats like nuts, chia seed, avocado - apparently it’s the fat in animal products (mainly saturated) that’s get stored in our cells is the problem

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So a high fibre diet is supposed to be great in reversing diabetes.....consisting of lots of vegetables, beans, lentils and fruits with whole grains like quinoa, oats and lower/healthier fats like nuts, chia seed, avocado - apparently it’s the fat in animal products (mainly saturated) that’s get stored in our cells is the problem
ok, thanks.

I will do some research as i thought the fat in our cells wasnt saturated animal fats, but some other type of fat made from carbs. Off to Google, unless you have a link please?

D

Deleted member 308541

Vegan fly swats for a balanced dinner tonight...

aV8zwvD.jpg

Reactions: NoCrbs4Me

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

You may like to look up the term de novo lipogenesis. The process whereby carbohydrates are stored as fat.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diplodicus lived for 15 million years on just veggies.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diplodicus lived for 15 million years on just veggies.

Your point being? Sorry, I'm not following your train of thought here. Different species...