Pregabalin (Lyrica) possible side effects

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks, my doctor prescribed me a 25mg daily dose of Pregabalin (for Peripheral Neuropathy) which I have taken for 3 weeks with no issues whatsoever. He then upped my dosage to 50mg daily and this is just my third day on the increased dosage. However, I woke up this morning with a buzzing noise in my left ear which still hasn't stopped (a bit like when you go to a concert and have been listening to loud speakers for a couple of hours). Have also noticed when people speak to me and their voice hits a certain level, its like the buzzing changes briefly to a whistling sound.

I have googled this medication and some people say they have experienced Tinnitus and/or hearing loss and seem to blame this drug. I just wondered if anyone else on the forum has had the same issue that I seem to be having on this drug?

Thanks

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Probably best to see your doctor @LindiePops to be sure !!
Think it may be heading that way kitedoc. Put myself back down to the one tablet a day yesterday just in case. My left ear and jaw are a bit sore today so am thinking it may just be a wee bit of an ear infection. I work on phones all day which probably hasn't helped but at least I'm on leave till next week so will avoid those. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post