Tea with just butter & cream, and how often?

charlie000

I don't like having all those extra oil extracts. I like my tea with cream + butter. Can this be considered bullet proof? Also, how often in the day can I have it?

I like having a warm drink throughout the day, is it ok for me to have it 3-4 times a day?

Reactions: merlin 2

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Tea with cream and butter 3 or 4 times a day could get things moving a bit fast if you get my drift.

Would be better without the cream for the full Fung bulletproof drink.
I have a bulletproof coffee first thing. Maybe another in the afternoon if I'm flagging a bit but only then.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not for me I like my tea with just plain old cows milk I don't even like cream in coffee

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
For me it's just black tea or coffee with a little cream here, that much in one day is not going to do much good.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like having all those extra oil extracts. I like my tea with cream + butter. Can this be considered bullet proof? Also, how often in the day can I have it?

I like having a warm drink throughout the day, is it ok for me to have it 3-4 times a day?

Maybe just do the cream? I have 4-5 cups of coffee per day with 1 tablespoon of cream per cup. I tried the butter a few times but didn't really like it much.
But if it helps with appetite suppression then go for it.

charlie000

Maybe just do the cream? I have 4-5 cups of coffee per day with 1 tablespoon of cream per cup. I tried the butter a few times but didn't really like it much.
But if it helps with appetite suppression then go for it.

Does cream only help your appetite suppression? That’s what it is for me.

charlie000

Are you trying to make Tibetan buttered tea? If Yes - then it contains hot Yaks milk not cream and is very rich, high in salt and tastes disgusting.

No I’m not. I just want t help stop the dawn phenomenon from happening and kill my morning hunger until lunch time as I don’t like eating in the morning

Btw I hate coffee!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish someone could explain this “bulletproof” milarky

Never tried one perchance?
Not that bad provided you whip in the butter once its melted.. a matter of personal taste probably.

Edited by mod to remove rudeness from the quoted text

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Speedbird

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I am not a tea drinker (at times I enjoy it). Strong coffee, heaps of double cream and I'm good

Edited by moderator to remove rudeness about other's food choices.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish someone could explain this “bulletproof” milarky
I don’t drink coffee often and can’t stand anything at all in it. Tea must be a splash of skim and the thought of cream in it wants to make me gag too.

That said as I understand it coffee (or tea) with cream and or butter is used to feel full with a non carb nutrient until a proper meal. An appetite suppressant if you like that won’t mess up bgl nor stimulate an insulin response.

Some also misunderstand keto and think you have to fill yourself to the brim with fat in order to reach ketosis.

The dawn phenomenon is a natural process your body follows, drinking that will have no effect on what your body should do, and I have no idea why you would have want to interfere in a what your body does.

It might be natural but the prolonged and excess process in some type 2 means higher prolonged bgl. Not desirable that’s why people,want to “mess with it”. Some find a small snack or fat based drink stops the liver dumping excessively and allows bgl to return to a lower level for the rest of the day.

Edited by moderator to remove rude comments in the quoted text

Reactions: Krystyna23040

charlie000

I don’t drink coffee often and can’t stand anything at all in it. Tea must be a splash of skim and the thought of cream in it wants to make me gag too.

That said as I understand it coffee (or tea) with cream and or butter is used to feel full with a non carb nutrient until a proper meal. An appetite suppressant if you like that won’t mess up bgl nor stimulate an insulin response.

Some also misunderstand keto and think you have to fill yourself to the brim with fat in order to reach ketosis.

It might be natural but the prolonged and excess process in some type 2 means higher prolonged bgl. Not desirable that’s why people,want to “mess with it”. Some find a small snack or fat based drink stops the liver dumping excessively and allows bgl to return to a lower level for the rest of the day.

Thank you for your writing. Just went out for an evening jog and got in at 11. Glucose before bed is 6.2, it’s increased after the jog...

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your writing. Just went out for an evening jog and got in at 11. Glucose before bed is 6.2, it’s increased after the jog...
Not unusual if you get your heart rate up. It’s short term and long term will still help with better control.

charlie000

Not unusual if you get your heart rate up. It’s short term and long term will still help with better control.

Do you think I should exercise earlier in the day rather than before bed to prevent raided morning glucose? Haven’t eaten since 6pm so effectively fasting but exercise has pushed it up.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you think I should exercise earlier in the day rather than before bed to prevent raided morning glucose? Haven’t eaten since 6pm so effectively fasting but exercise has pushed it up.
Sorry I really don’t exercise enough to be able to answer that knowledgeably. I’ve seen in myself a similar effect of raised levels after exercise and heard many others comment on it. Maybe some searches on previous threads would yield some useful comments.

To be logical though I’d say regardless of time of day it’ll stay raised for whatever amount of time it does so can’t see it much matters when you exercise in that respect. Wait and see what it does to morning levels. It may yet drop them lower than normal. I’d also want a sample of more than one occasion to draw any conclusions.

Reactions: charlie000

charlie000

Sorry I really don’t exercise enough to be able to answer that knowledgeably. I’ve seen in myself a similar effect of raised levels after exercise and heard many others comment on it. Maybe some searches on previous threads would yield some useful comments.

To be logical though I’d say regardless of time of day it’ll stay raised for whatever amount of time it does so can’t see it much matters when you exercise in that respect. Wait and see what it does to morning levels. It may yet drop them lower than normal. I’d also want a sample of more than one occasion to draw any conclusions.

This makes sense!