Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
???????

How do you mean?

"Ironically." The member sees a correlation with the "date" & possibly suspect the OP's decision a little rash...
Before we enter into the "realms" of going off topic.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do u get your pump taken off u if your HBA1C is high 3 times in a row

Sonny, I'm not T1, never mind a pumper, but from my reading of the forum over time, I haven't heard of anyone having their pump withdrawn ebcause their A1c was high too many times.

Once a pump is issued, it can't (I understand), be given to another person, so if they took away a pump, it would just go into some sad cupboard. Again, as I understand it, provided your pump is still in it's warranty/support period you would be able to come off it, then go back onto it again, if it transpired your idea didn't work out for you.

Where I am less clear in my head is what happens if you have gone back to MDI, then your pump becomes due for renewal. I can't honestly see a new pump being issued to someone not using it, bearing in mind there are such long lists of folks who would like to pump, but aren't able to secure funding.

I'm sure @Juicyj or some of the other pumpers will comment more on that aspect when they drop in.

Whatever you decide, good luck with it all. Pumps are great for some, but as you are finding it's not a magic solution and requires a lot of work to get it to fit in with your chosen lifestyle. For some, they're just not right.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
And if they did take your pump away, what would they do with it? I seriously doubt they’d give it to someone else.

I am curious @Sonnyb2 if you did go back to mdi. I burned through way too many infusion sets this week from pain, bleeding, and kinks. I need to see how far the supplies I have will last. And if they get me to my re-order point. If they don’t, I might need to follow your lead.

Reactions: Sonnyb2

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Sonnyb2 You gotta do what's right for you dude and life choices are a gamble anyhow and hopefully your choice will work out for ya! :) Good luck dude and let us know how you get on.

D

Deleted Account

And if they did take your pump away, what would they do with it? I seriously doubt they’d give it to someone else.
They may not give the pump to someone else but they may terminate the warranty for it.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
They may not give the pump to someone else but they may terminate the warranty for it.

If he doesn’t like it, what does he care? Cutting him off of supplies is worse, but again if he doesn’t like it, what does he care? There are people that do just fine on mdi. If it’s their choice, let them have it.