Dexcom G6 CGM

gillianoleary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Baby corns. Wrong, wrong, wrong in so many ways!!
I decided to take the plunge and do the one month trial of the Dexcom G6 CGM.
After having it sat in the box for 3 weeks whilst I went on vacation and dealt with other stuff I finally on Tuesday got my act together and got started.
All I can say is that I’m very impressed after only 2 days.
Haven’t had a hypo and am seeing quite a steady line on the graph/chart.
Am giving serious consideration to commuting to the year subscription even though it’s extremely expensive.
The complete lack of availability for the Freestyle Libre pushes me in the direction of Dexcom and it might be Freestyle’s loss.
I can’t compare because I haven’t had the opportunity to try the Libre.
All I can say after only a few days to anyone considering getting a CGM, please give the one month trial a go.

Reactions: merlin 2

cireland

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also took the one month trial recently and started using it last Saturday. I ageee I think it is great it’s very accurate. And the information from the clarity app is second to none. It incredibly expensive however for me it is worth every penny it’s also better than the libre. Sends data automatically to your phone and alaerts you if you are going low and in the night it’s great to have a safety net!

gillianoleary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Baby corns. Wrong, wrong, wrong in so many ways!!
I will be committing not commuting!!

I decided to take the plunge and do the one month trial of the Dexcom G6 CGM.
After having it sat in the box for 3 weeks whilst I went on vacation and dealt with other stuff I finally on Tuesday got my act together and got started.
All I can say is that I’m very impressed after only 2 days.
Haven’t had a hypo and am seeing quite a steady line on the graph/chart.
Am giving serious consideration to commuting to the year subscription even though it’s extremely expensive.
The complete lack of availability for the Freestyle Libre pushes me in the direction of Dexcom and it might be Freestyle’s loss.
I can’t compare because I haven’t had the opportunity to try the Libre.
All I can say after only a few days to anyone considering getting a CGM, please give the one month trial a go.
If had the trial and on my last sensor.
It is an eye opener.. it's amazing what your body does with carbs.. watching in real time is amazing. What your liver does at night blows my mind.. you learn so much even if you just do the trial

StephenMM

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Running
@Higgipop, could you be a bit more specific please regarding what your liver does overnight? I’m having really wild Dawn Phenomena and would like to compare but don’t have a CGM. I’m Type 3c (no pancreas).
Thanks

@Higgipop, could you be a bit more specific please regarding what your liver does overnight? I’m having really wild Dawn Phenomena and would like to compare but don’t have a CGM. I’m Type 3c (no pancreas).
Thanks

Hi.
Well what l have noticed is if l have a good day with blood sugar levels well within my target range [5>12] and l have an average of 7.5 my liver dumps less while l'm asleep.. if l have a bad day say average 10 or above my liver dumps more making my morning level 8 to 9 .. over the month trial l noticed this trend.. it's as if your liver is trying to keep the average of that day, that's for me anyway but everyone is different

StephenMM

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Running
@Higgipop - Thanks, sorry for my late reply. I have checked my logbook and my numbers confirm your observation too. Although I have a slightly narrower target range of between 4 and 10 and hoping to get to between 4 and 7. I have applied to my DSN for a Libre. Fingers crossed.

@Higgipop - Thanks, sorry for my late reply. I have checked my logbook and my numbers confirm your observation too. Although I have a slightly narrower target range of between 4 and 10 and hoping to get to between 4 and 7. I have applied to my DSN for a Libre. Fingers crossed.
I'm going to try the libre soon so will be good to compare the two

Ok had the libre for 3 weeks wasn't overly impressed to be honest.. it was ok but found it sometimes a little out compared to the dexcon g6. The factory setting made it impossible to recalibrate when it was out.. l found out that the reading was 15 to 20min behind.
Having had both of them now l have plunged for the dexcon.. very accurate.. the data in the dexcon clarity is an eye opener.. it's not cheap mind you but l think worth it (£159.00pm on subscription plan) only fault l have found is the sticky tape as tends to peel a little after day 4 but a part from that it's a thumbs up

KillerQueen63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m very excitedly waiting delivery of my Dexcom G6 trial pack this Monday! I’m currently trialling the Libre, but can’t say that I’m very impressed with it. I find it so inaccurate! If it was consistently inaccurate, say 1mmol above or below my finger prick test, then it wouldn’t be so bad. However, sometimes it’s the same, sometimes it’s a little above or a little below and sometimes it’s 2 or more mmol either above or below!
So....can’t wait for Monday!

Hi guys.. ok it's time to soon say goodbye to my dexcon g6 and wot a fantastic piece of kit it is.. l have learnt so much in the time lv had it. I did a full subscription of £159.00pm not cheap l know but well worth it if you can.
I have managed to find out what food does to my sugars so have adapted my meal plans to suit .. had a time where my feet started to get hot due to my diabetes then tried remedies and found stabilised R-Lipoic acid did the trick.. but also found that if l took it in the evening it stabilised my blood suger levels through the night.. this is recorded via my g6 sensor and hey presto no dawn phenomenon.

I feel so confident in my daily routine now with food and monitoring it's great.
Got my ac1 steady at 38 I'm happy