Tee 2 meter

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good afternoon everyone how are you all today.
Does anyone use the Tee2 meter, I have 2 and rarely get the same result on them when I check one against the other. I imagine they're only cheap as free off my GP/nurse but just wondering how others find them. What meters would you recommend. I'm type 2 but find my control is better when I test often.

M

Member496333

Contour Next is a great system but the strips are among the most expensive. All the Contour meters appear to be equally as accurate as each other, but their Bluetooth enabled Next One is particularly nice, aesthetically and functionally.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone how are you all today.
Does anyone use the Tee2 meter, I have 2 and rarely get the same result on them when I check one against the other. I imagine they're only cheap as free off my GP/nurse but just wondering how others find them. What meters would you recommend. I'm type 2 but find my control is better when I test often.
I use a TEE2+ and a TEE2 before that without any obvious problems. The inaccuracies in metering are due to the strips. The process of generating an electric current from a chemical process is inherently variable. Using strips well before their expiry date, keeping them in a reasonably cool dry place and only opening the tub for the minimum time, is probably more a key to consistency than buying an expensive meter.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
At the moment I am using the Caresens Dual as I have run out of strips for my Contour Next One, I do agree with Jim the contour next one is a nice meter and the app is very good.

The Caresens Dual is also bluetooth enabled and with the ketone strips can measure ketone levels.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a Caresens Dual, same as @JohnEGreen talks about. I swapped from the Code Free at the end of last year due to inconsistent results meaning I was retesting too many times which negated any savings on the cheaper strips. The Caresens strips are more expensive but I trust the readings way more.