Fasting number

Milesy18

Morning all. Had a glucose monitor off Dr yesterday. Tested after evening meal post 2 hours was 9.2. Tested this morning fasting 8 hours was 7.6. Most mornings I've felt like I've had low sugar levels feel same today but maybe they've been high. I've not had fasting bloods done at Dr's yet only a1c which in January was 43. I'm going to check again in a couple of days. Any one else have high fasting glucose but classed prediabetes? I'm sure I'm diabetic and always have thought. But only the a1c has given a number. Thanks

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Despite a high fasting if the rest of the day is low enough an hb1ac as a 3 month average may yield prediabetic or possibly even normal numbers. The high fasting does still indicate a glucose tolerance impairment though, easier and best addressed before things get worse.

Reactions: Milesy18

Milesy18

Despite a high fasting if the rest of the day is low enough an hb1ac as a 3 month average may yield prediabetic or possibly even normal numbers. The high fasting does still indicate a glucose tolerance impairment though, easier and best addressed before things get worse.
Thankyou will keep an eye for now and log numbers then take to Dr's

Julia99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My GP surgery classes me as diabetic as I had 2 fasting blood at 7. However the Endocrinologist said I was prediabetic as my hba1c was only 42. My last hba1c was 38 but I know from Infrequent testing my fasting bloods are 7. I don’t have dawn phenomenon I seem to have foot on the floor phenomenon because once I get up and start moving around they rise from around 5 to 7 or even slightly higher. I guess this is the insulin resistance at work. I also have POCS

Reactions: Milesy18

Milesy18

My GP surgery classes me as diabetic as I had 2 fasting blood at 7. However the Endocrinologist said I was prediabetic as my hba1c was only 42. My last hba1c was 38 but I know from Infrequent testing my fasting bloods are 7. I don’t have dawn phenomenon I seem to have foot on the floor phenomenon because once I get up and start moving around they rise from around 5 to 7 or even slightly higher. I guess this is the insulin resistance at work. I also have POCS
Frustrating isn't it. Pcos probably explain the insulin resistance x