What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all non Europeans hehehe

6.1 was my morning greeting.

Well folks the sun is shining, I just hope it used sun cream and is wearing a big wide brimmed hat. Mrs J is very quiet, this is a very dangerous state, oh it's ok, she has fallen asleep, must be time for her early morning nap. I can relax and get on with my planning.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Given the stressful news that I have to apply for PiP and had @ very stressful 20 minute call with the DWP
I'm going to be having a very similar phone conversation on Monday even though I had a letter a couple of months ago telling me due to my age I would not have to migrate to PIP.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, 6.9 this morning as kind of expected....but still showing keto on stick so happy.

Been marking maths papers for an hour, but I have 2 wonderful year 11 boys getting ready for exams. One just got a B on a paper and one a mark off a B. What's amazing about that I hear you ask....they are in set 7 out of 8 (one started the year in set 8) and in September were on E and F and max poss score a D. I will be hailed a hero if they get C as there has never been a C from set 7...if they get Bs (do I dare hope???) I will be a superhero!!!

It's certainly put a smile on my face this dreary Saturday morning :)

Have a good one people!!
Hello Dawnmc71. Well done on your tutoring efforts.
I was going to offer home coaching of UK GCSE Maths to a friend's son as a favour, then I looked at the new spec. What the proverbial! Spec. now has pre-calculus, plus other brain teasers including the mysterious "surds". Skills not used since my university days.

Told the friend that the young lad "should work hard and pay attention to his Maths. teacher". A close escape there, methinks.

Keto: third good diet day today, so testing tomorrow.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

looks lovely through the window, feels Baltic in the wind outside ;) aaaand, now it's raining, I think the weather could fairly be called 'changeable' this morning :hilarious:

We may go out today to do some shopping, I definitely feel it is an occasion for body lagging though :hilarious: hopefully have a walk too, I find it helps with the anxiety ;)

Hope your day goes well :)

Aethalides

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I dislike some things
Hello hello hellooooo peoples

7.1 mmol/L when I was awoken by my cat jumping up and down my belly at six o' clock this morning. I was pretty chuffed as this is quite a good reading.

I did a test just before hopping in 't car 2 hours later and it was 9.2 mmol/L which isn't that bad but I did another test just now and that was 5.5 mmol/L!

The lowest reading I have ever had! I hope it isn't a fluke!

Enough procrastinating, I need to do my studying. Got a test coming up!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I'm going to be having a very similar phone conversation on Monday even though I had a letter a couple of months ago telling me due to my age I would not have to migrate to PIP.

Good luck.

I had 21 minutes with a robotic young lady who asked questions from a script and I felt very intimidated by the whole process.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Genuinely confused by readings over last 3 to 4 days. Increased focus on reducing carbs to keto levels and upping healthy fats while getting back to nearer longer term exercise levels. BG seems to be totally rejecting this and going into reverse. Will obviously change meter batteries and be quite fastidious around testing procedures BUT has anyone who has been at this a reasonable length of time experienced anything similar? I have had blips before but this is, or seems to be, entirely different. Just curious

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
4.9 greeted me on my birthday morning which was quite nice of it! Went up a little later in the day but I feel that was because I was stressing a bit but had a 4.2 last night before bed so I'm not too bothered as long as it's staying below 6.

Take care and enjoy your weekend's all!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 greeted me on my birthday morning which was quite nice of it! Went up a little later in the day but I feel that was because I was stressing a bit but had a 4.2 last night before bed so I'm not too bothered as long as it's staying below 6.

Great fbg and many happy returns. Have a great day.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy birthday

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.

"Happy Birthday to you".:singing:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @Caeseji.
@ianpspurs wish so much I could help but I cant ....I struggle in my own special way, so far my HBA1cs have been good but I have an incomplete pancreas and it always chasing me. All best wishes.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @Caeseji.
@ianpspurs wish so much I could help but I cant ....I struggle in my own special way, so far my HBA1cs have been good but I have an incomplete pancreas and it always chasing me. All best wishes.
Thanks for the good wishes and sorry if I appear needy. I appreciate other people have problems I am not aware of or subject to. I was just genuinely wondering if anyone else had come across a similar situation.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the good wishes and sorry id I appear needy. I appreciate other people have problems I am not aware of or subject to. I was just genuinely wondering if anyone else had come across a similar situation.
I hope someone on this most friendly of threads will be able to help.

Reactions: HarryBeau