Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, sooooooo didn't want to get up today, I hate clocks going forward. Still, woke to a happy 6.3 and sitting steady in the 5s after breakfast, so it must be time to get my a*se in gear.....my dog thinks it's getting close to time for a walk

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1554021195829.jpg

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning teabags and fleabags, and a special hello to all the mums who are all totally awesome.

Had a nice level might skirting the 4s, now a little dip to 3.4 after my 5k with the pooch. Off out for a little shopping before roasting the lamb for my missus who thoroughly deserves it.

I hope Sunday brings joy and happiness to you all in many forms.

K

Knikki

Why use celery as a scoop when a perfectly good spoon will do just fine? It’s the devil’s vegetable, grown in the allotment of Hades.

Totally with you on that and just to add that celery is totally useless :)

Peanut butter just like porridge good for mending hole in roads and walls. :)

As a quick up date looks like Madam is back into her normal way of doing things except I completely miss calculated lunch so waiting for that to hit rock bottom in a minute or two ~sigh~, never mind.

Have fun :)

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Nice day so far. I'd brought some work home but it only took a couple of hours, so now the rest of the day is my own. I was going to have a long soak with one of the bath bombs but just realised that my hair wants washing. I don't fancy a bath with soggy hair, nor yet a shower to wash my hair straight after I've had a luxury bath. So with huge reluctance - first ever bath bomb tomorrow.

But - oh frabjous day - my son is coming round on his way home from work. That'll make Dizzy's day. He adores my son. I do too, but that's by the by. It's Dizzy that matters, well, and Tutti and long-suffering husband ❤:D

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Happy Mother’s Day to all teabags with offspring - only we know what hard work it was getting bloods right while the little people were cell factories.
It’s been a quiet day in FG land - after yesterday’s 2 k with Hamish we’re both putting our feet up more than usual. And the sun’s come out, at last. Cat’s stretched out in the sun, on top of the sofa by the window and all’s well.
Enjoy the rest of Sunday.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For those who use Jelly Babies... I discovered Jelly Baby Chicks in the supermarket today. They look like armless Jelly Babies to me and there is still the Issue (for me) or head or body first. 21 carbs for 4 chicks.

It was a Very Long Sunday Morning which took 10 miles worth of a walk and an hour in an empty church playing some soothing organ music to restore my sense of equilibrium. (Got be to be some advantages of having church keys, custody of the organ stool, plus knowledge of good times to be there and not be disturbed. I must do that more often.) Oh, and it was a double up the insulin morning as well as I didn't want to go for a walk pre-church what with that missing hour.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I hope you all had a great day and the mum's were thoroughly spoilt :happy: I had a lovely day with a pink Fitbit from my at home daughter, 4 pack of Snickers, a mug, flowers, love you mum fridge magnets and an enormous card......with Mummy on it lol and my other daughter came round with baby Cleo <3 :happy:

So I will say goodnight now zzzzzzzz

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday's amusement was at a wedding - first of neice's generation, and suitably wonderful.
I don't eat potatoes, not for any medical reason, merely because I don't like them. The delightful couple had carefully arranged for non-potato dishes specially for me - rice rather than it for the main. Come the pudding course, the waiters proudly appeared with a bowl of fruit salad specially for me. My first words were unfortunately blunt - can I have something nice instead please? :) They'd gone to the trouble of getting what they thought was a diabetic friendly pudding, because they'd been told that the potato thing was about the diabetes. I had to say that yes, I was safe to eat the normal puddings (one each of a little apple tart, cheese cake and creme brulee), and yes, I'd take the responsibility should it go wrong.
So many misconceptions, so little opportunity to sit them all down and teach them about T1D. Well, at least they didn't block me from the sweet trolley - it's been a while since I've had pear drops, mmm. :)

Reactions: Colin of Kent

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning eye-bags. Very sleepless night for the household because Dizzy was in a lot of pain from his arthritis (both back hips) and his pain killers weren't touching it for some reason. It took hours to get him to settle down, and we are all headed for an early night tonight. I think Dizzy is also headed to the vet for some extra "at need" heavyweight pain killers. The ones he has are his daily morning and night ones and help a lot, but last night was different for some reason.

Blood is at a nice 5.8 after a whole bar of Montezuma 70% black forest gateau chocolate (vegan) supplied by son and partner. It was gorgeous and worth putting by for once a month as a treat and I'll cheerfully not bother with the cheap stuff (I usually get Sainsburys vegan fruit 'n nut). I am very grateful to them. Also some Lush stuff from partner's recent trip to the nearby city where there's a shop. She's very sweet and I think my son is lucky to have her in his life.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you all a Happy Monday. It's bright and sunny at the moment, so washing is on and I m off out soon, doctor's surgery is the first stop.

A happy 5.0 this morning :happy:

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Friday night was take-away curry, just when you think you've got a handle of those it gives you curve ball, saturday morning I was 19...........anyway correction, dog walk and daughters football - even the missus and MIL turned out for this one (fair weather supporters!), all back in range nothing to rage about until I got to collect my prescription. So I ordered testing strips online the sunday before, I'd checked the script had been accepted - which it had on the 25th (the next day) so the chemist would have had the script for at least 48hrs worse case scenario. I get there and they have no stock......but they can order it in for monday............how the blinking heck does that work (or not!).........why did they not order it in when they got the script??!! Anyway they released the script so I could go over the road to another chemist - who may just get my business from now on (I have my usual monthly script to come next weekend so if they mess that up, over the road I go!)

6.2 this morning :happy:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Just catching up on the weekends events.....
@Robinredbreast glad to see your numbers are back to normal......no need to feel embarrassed at all, we have all done that.

Marmite should be banned and all the bottles in circulation should be buried and burned :)
Celery and peanut butter....OH YES....even got its own built in spoon :)

Xdrip alarm woke me again at 4.30 with a low, so that calls for a tinkering to the overnite basal. Apart from that all is good (I think)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Help. I'm literally hiding behind my desk in a classroom of feral 14 year olds. Throwing Welsh dictionaries, making weapons from file binders taped together, hitting each other over the head with chairs... Two girls had an actual punch up and were removed. If I try to stop them using their phones, they'll kick off and I'm actually quite frightened. I've never felt so vulnerable in a classroom before. I have no phone signal or internal telephone, so can't call for help and if I leave the room it'll get violent... I hate this.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Can you just get up and leave? You shouldn't have to work in those conditions, and it's wrong to expect you to. Be careful..

I know you say it'll get violent if you leave, but really - what could you do if they decided to really kick off?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Help. I'm literally hiding behind my desk in a classroom of feral 14 year olds. Throwing Welsh dictionaries, making weapons from file binders taped together, hitting each other over the head with chairs... Two girls had an actual punch up and were removed. If I try to stop them using their phones, they'll kick off and I'm actually quite frightened. I've never felt so vulnerable in a classroom before. I have no phone signal or internal telephone, so can't call for help and if I leave the room it'll get violent... I hate this.

Get up and walk out!!!!! Straight to the head and have it out with him/her