What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Listlad you may be pleased to know that on my erranding yesterday I discovered that both my regular pharmacy and my regular grocery store now have my chocolate of choice. I sure am! Hoping it’s not just an Easter thing.
I was going through some receipts from 2014 and ran across one from Easter-time that had one rx and two Cadbury caramel eggs. I confess, my mouth watered... thank goodness I’d just eaten supper!
I like milk chocolate too. Swiss milk chocolate is great. But I have stopped all that. I don’t have a lot of trouble doing that. But it sure would be great to have some now and again. In my previous life I ate milk chocolate in large quantities which probably led to my demise eventually.

My wife enjoys Hershey’s Kisses by the way. Very popular with her.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late Breakfast : 2 x Tuna Melts and a 200ml glass of full fat milk
Early Dinner: Grilled halloumi, chicken breast, avocado, Edame beans and a variety of greens at Nando’s - Mother’s Day visit for Mrs Listlad

Supper : Greek yoghourt and forest fruits.

Tea

865996FC-259B-437C-BA8E-1B9374579A60.jpeg

rhalluk

Evening all.

After planning to make myself some egg foo yung all day and then convincing myself I couldn't be bothered to cook. I have ended up having the following:

Breakfast: 3 Bacon, 3 Sausages (Good Quality), 2 Fried Eggs, 2 Pealed Plum Tomatoes.
Lunch: Skip that after that Breakfast
Dinner: Red Thai Chicken Curry (no rice of course)

Yes, after saying I could not be bothered to cook, I ended up ccoking myself Red Thai curry while my little boys Pigs in Blankets were in the oven! Cooked a couple extra for snacking later!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@rhalluk that’s not bad for a no cooking day! Welcome by the way.
@Listlad lucky Mrs L I love Nandos.
@Goonergal good luck with the meat, I’ve cooked both on occasion and would agree with @Brunneria - v long slow cooking for oxtail and flash fry chicken livers. Well done on resisting the chocolate and almond butter.
Had a busy day packing up the car for the drive to Cornwall tomorrow. Daughters wont be pleased as I have a lot of their stuff I’m going to dump on them. Oldest daughter’s wedding dress alone takes up 1/2 my wardrobe currently.

Breakfast: cheese and mushroom omelette
L: Flaxseed roll filled with egg mayo
D: 1/2 Spatchcock poussin with celeriac mash and roast sprouts with chorizo. A couple of squares Montezumas black with orange. Not had this before and I’m worried I’m now going to eat the lot by tomorrow.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 good luck for journey. That reminds me reading about your girl’s stuff I keep meaning to ask youngest about the pile of stuff in our loft! In fact we need to sort our loft full stop - it’s amazing how it fills up!
@Goonergal agree with others oxtail the longer the betterand chicken livers flash fry - not done pate in a while should do soon I also love to use red wine to wash out pan and get all juices in the pate.
Another dog caring and walking day today but he’s back home lunchtime tomorrow. Will take him for a good two and a half hour walk first thing in the morning though before drive him back. He needs the exercise and good for me too.
Breakfast half a Waitrose 1 sausage ( other half saved as treat for cooper), slice of bacon and egg
Lunch some vintage cheddar @nd 10 100% hc choc buttons with coffee and cream
Dinner steak in mushroom sauce with glass red wine followed by sf jelly with spoon of yoghurt and spoon of cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 good luck for journey. That reminds me reading about your girl’s stuff I keep meaning to ask youngest about the pile of stuff in our loft! In fact we need to sort our loft full stop - it’s amazing how it fills up!

Another dog caring and walking day today but he’s back home lunchtime tomorrow. Will take him for a good two and a half hour walk first thing in the morning though before drive him back. He needs the exercise and good for me too.

I swore after our last house move that we wouldn’t put stuff in the loft this time - somehow it filled up though. Never again!

2 and a half hours is a very decent walk - how far will that be?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coo impressive. Hope the weather stays nice for you too.
Cooper walks at a fast pace and pulls .... pulled me over once today when walking downhill! He was racing and I was needing to climb over a fallen tree but two leg brace is needed at times to hold him back but I was only on one leg whilst climbing over fallen tree - some impressive grazing and bruising result! Being light makes it harder! Keeps us going at a fast pace and trying to hold onto his lead is brilliant resistance training I believe!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: peanut PhD bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake :happy:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Listlad me too. I am quite sure that it was my Mediterranean eating plus the egregious sweet chocolate in ALL its forms, mainly stress eating, is what tipped me over the edge. I love Hershey kisses and wish you hadn’t mentioned them!
@rhalluk welcome! And I sure wish I’d have a non-cooking day with those results
@DJC3 you are a very good mum to let a wedding dress take up half your clothes hanging space!!! Have a safe drive and wonderful visit
I guess Sunday is feast day after all. Among exhaustion, my mother, my dear son who thinks everybody lives Youtube lives, and the folder full of tough music I was just presented to learn on my weaker instrument for tomorrow night...I thought of DWC with melted chocolate (and it may come to that) but decided that might be “eating around what I really want” so I am having food. Almonds are not so easy to abuse as almond butter, so there too!
@shelley262 the image of you being dragged across a log by a puppy made me smile. I hope that you’re not seriously hurt.
@Rachox gotta love that Jaffa cake!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

An eating day :D

B: goatsmilk yog and double cream
L: homemade lamb burger
S: low carb hot chocolate
D: the talk above inspired me, and i sauted a pack of lamb livers, a pack of lamb kidneys, garlic, a shake of onion powder and a few other herbs, with butter. Then pureed it. Made a fab sauce for oomi noodles.
When it cools it will solidify into that pate. :D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mother's day meal for Julie and MIL cooked by No1 son with No3 son there as well. I took grandson to All Stars cricket so everyone a winner - Toby notwithstanding.
Tea, dog walk, more tea. CWC in car. Late lunch; Lamb shoulder; asparagus, broccoli, roast butternut squash and broccoli; 2 pieces cheddar, walnuts and almonds; 1row (2 pieces) Green and Black's Raspberry and Hazelnut velvet edition - best so far; 2/3 glass red wine

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Ended up having an OMAD day because of mother's day meal and knowing that I couldn't control too much of the carbs but thankfully no spike! Started off around 4-5 and only went to 5.4 so that was a good gamble!

Ended up having surf and turf to the tune of 10oz rump steak with king prawns on top with garlic sauce and stilton sauce. A side of lard fried haloumi fries, salad and SUPER tasty coleslaw. Washed down with spiced rum and coke, I did check a little later to make sure that the alcohol didn't give me a fake low reading and all was well.

Hope you all had a good day!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha iI have lived with cats ever since I was five years old. Several of them have been serious hunters. You just clean up the mess and move on. The part I don’t like is when the bird escapes inside the house.. That is very time-consuming, I will spare you my worst stories!
Been there. They do like to present their little "gifts" - look what I've done and yes usually with bits missing!

Reactions: zauberflote