WHICH

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Cant afford libre anymore so searched my meters (I have a few) to see which is reading nearest to libre and results as follows
Nexus blue (drs choice)14.7
One touch 9.3
contour 11.3
accu chek 10.5
sensor reading 7.9
As sensor had slightly rising arrow think maybe one touch about right but dr wont fund them so now wondering how to test for the most accurate result bearing in mind same fingerprick and blood sample

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do note that the meters are generally likely to be more accurate than the libre sensor.
Looking at those reading (if they were all at the same time) I'd reckon you were at about 10.4* at the time, I'm ignoring the higher one as its somewhat higher than the rest, it may have been a dodgy test strip.

* I came to this conclusion cos meters are supposed to be within 15% accuracy, and the three results of 9.3, 10.5 and 11.3 are all within 15% of 10 to 10.7.

Last edited:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
There's generally a 20 minute lag on the libre as it's testing interstitial fluid not blood, so you can't really compare a blood glucose meter and expect any accuracy in comparison, it's best to pick one meter and stick to it, otherwise you will be forever confused by different readings :)

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Yes i am aware of the 15 min lag and so allowed for that but unwilling to use a meter which is so far out to make insulin decisions so tested all to see which looks the most accurate ,15 mins later tested with libre again and was still 7.9 so even with time lag those were big differences between meters and will need to buy the one touch strips as dr really wont finance those

D

Deleted Account

@borderter if you are unwilling to use a meter which is so far out to make insulin decisions, I hope you were not using your Libre. Ignoring the 15 minute delay, I rarely find the Libre accurate enough to calculate insulin doses especially when my BG is high.
The Libre is fantastic for detecting trends but the advice I was given is that no CGM is accurate enough for dosing. This matches my experience although others have found it better.

Reactions: sgc

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
I’ve used Accu Chek Performa for 12 months now and found it to be very reliable. I’ve also discovered that the FastClix is much easier on my fingers than my previous Freestyle Lancer.