What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie and @johnpol I thought of you and your critters when I saw this pic. I've been checking out vets in the two towns I'm thinking about moving to, and saw this cutie on one of their websites:

5c21471f57219_bulldogpup1.png

Churchill, there were several cute kitty pics too but I couldn't copy-paste any of them. Sorry! ^. .^

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.0 for me. Preparing for the long drive down to Cornwall this morning to spend my birthday tomorrow with Mr C ( haven’t seen him for 3 months) daughters and grandchildren.
Not quite as long haul as your journey today @dunelm - hope you have a good trip and a great holiday.
@Chronicle_Cat what an amazing transformation! Really really well done.
@dogslife hugs for the dentist, hope it goes ok.
@ziggy_w why is your doc concerned about ketones? Are you at risk of DKA? Good luck with your fasting day today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chronicle_Cat monumental effort rewarded with stunning visuals of the change; @DJC3 safe journey and early Happy Birthday for tomorrow; @dunelm I believe you will fit NY like a made to measure glove. FBG 5.8 for me - succession of same readings hasn't happened in nearly 4 years so maybe meter/strips/body set up elaborate April Fool's play. Keep reading about ketones but never hear their songs - are they an experimental band? Also something called Nando's keeps cropping up *** is/are that/they?
Edited to add: It's Carney, Mark Carney:angelic:

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all a 6.1 greeted me today, three hypos through the night and am now on the "I feel Terrible train" , but good news! I get my pump upgrade today!! Yay, well I think its good. A cold but bright morning today but after last nights tribulations I am feeling the cold today.

Take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 today. Jealous of all the McGarrett scores though.
@DJC3 safe journey to lovely Cornwall and Happy Birthday.
@dunelm safe journey and enjoy the Big Apple.
@Chronicle_Cat you are amazing. That took some effort...you are a star
@jjraak thanks for another great bulletin from our favourite overseas correspondent. I am meeting a couple of old friends for lunch but have to tidy up the house first.
Have a great Monday. Stay well, stay safe.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all a 6.1 greeted me today, three hypos through the night and am now on the "I feel Terrible train" , but good news! I get my pump upgrade today!! Yay, well I think its good. A cold but bright morning today but after last nights tribulations I am feeling the cold today.

Take care everyone.
Hope you are ok, what pump are you upgrading to ? I'm due a upgrade soon.

Reactions: Shas3 and SaskiaKC

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope you are ok, what pump are you upgrading to ? I'm due a upgrade soon.
I think I'm getting the 640g at least that's what my letter says, its been a hassle getting them to finalise my funding but we got there in the end. I have heard some good things about the 640g, so will see what its like.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...feeling so much better today...thank goodness for the vaporub...mentholated oils & home made chicken soup...they did their job but can't wait to eradicate the smells of cold/flu treatments....about to have a shower...throw open the curtains & get me out of the house for the first time in almost a week...hello sunshine:D...woke to a 5.7

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

4.2 to these morning.

My other news:
I lost another 1.7 lb (0.7 kg) this week (edited to correct, typed in last week's weight loss by mistake).

This gives me a total loss of 100.0 lbs (45.3 kg - 7 stone 2)

I am no longer obese for the first time in many years, now I'm in the overweight category. I weigh less than my wedding and now fit in a size 14 to get into a wedding dress of size16, 33 years ago). I started at size 24 or 22. I've lost 13 1/2" off my waist.

Here's my latest before and after.
View attachment 32104 View attachment 32105
you look fab chronicle cat well done :)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

4.2 to these morning.

My other news:
I lost another 1.7 lb (0.7 kg) this week (edited to correct, typed in last week's weight loss by mistake).

I am no longer obese for the first time in many years, now I'm in the overweight category. I weigh less than my wedding and now fit in a size 14 to get into a wedding dress of size16, 33 years ago). I started at size 24 or 22. I've lost 13 1/2" off my waist.

Absolutely brilliant xx

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hi all,

4.2 to these morning.

My other news:

Congratulations Chronicle_Cat.