What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afteringnoon folks, late again. Been a little preoccupied this morning.

A 6.1 or 6.4 I can't remember now, but 6 something this morning.

Well folks not much left of the day now.

On another note, I'm attached to big toe as much as some of you are to your doggiewoggies and kittywitties so I'm wondering if I should post multiple pictures of my toe? I do promise to give my toe a pedicure and wash and use aftershave so it smells nice for the picture. Please feel free to let me's know.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

On another note, I'm attached to big toe as much as some of you are to your doggiewoggies and kittywitties so I'm wondering if I should post multiple pictures of my toe? I do promise to give my toe a pedicure and wash and use aftershave so it smells nice for the picture. Please feel free to let me's know.

Post away, @alf_Josiah

Though do be aware...this is the web, bound to be a #bigtoepic site already mind..with witty pics of big toes begging to have "cheez .pleez"...;)

Aethalides

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I dislike some things
I had to fast longer than usual as I was getting an ultrasound. No, I'm not preggers, even though my tummy certainly is big enough to have triplets!

I was getting my liver scanned and apparently my liver is too fat as well and I have got some stones in my gall...

Anyhoo, so I took a glucose reading when I got back, at 1 PM, having not eaten for 18 hours, and taken all my medicines this morning, ... 5.9 mmol/L

In other words, if I continue not to eat and take my medicines, I will have normal blood glucose levels hurrraay

Oh, wait!

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

I had my big toe as my profile pic and was asked to change it.......fair enough as it was amputated recently and the picture was gross

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my big toe as my profile pic and was asked to change it.......fair enough as it was amputated recently and the picture was gross

Funny for having the sheer gall to do that
(Gallows humour does get us over so many impossible humps in lifes convoluted journey)

Hugs for the loss ...
High five for the guts to say " F*** it..."

BIG RESPECT..XXXX

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very tempted by Goa mate, but I promised our big granddaughter an American road trip, so tickets to San Fran booking tonight, and then we have to get digs and car sorted.

Sounds like a fun trip.

You're the second person I've read calling it San Fran this week. Is that its new nickname? Honest question -- people used to call it Frisco so I'm wondering if that has gone out of fashion now. Just curious, I don't know, I'm on the opposite coast ... :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a fun trip.

You're the second person I've read calling it San Fran this week. Is that its new nickname? Honest question -- people used to call it Frisco so I'm wondering if that has gone out of fashion now. Just curious, I don't know, I'm on the opposite coast ... :)

I've been googling stuff about west coast USA for a while now trying to organize stuff so San Fran is just a quicker way of getting it down on a keyboard, I'll try Frisco though maybe that'll do the same :). After last nights meeting to book flights there was a major change, the ladies want to fly in to Vegas and have a couple of days there, went to bed head spinning ,nothing booked. Hey ho.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...anti-coagulation clinic this morning I fully expect my INR levels are out of sync after all the cold/flu meds I took...nothing I can do about that so not worrying... I'm feeling so much better...out for a quick walk with Harry yesterday in the beautiful sunshine...woke to a 5.1

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

4.2 to these morning.

My other news:
I lost another 1.7 lb (0.7 kg) this week (edited to correct, typed in last week's weight loss by mistake).

This gives me a total loss of 100.0 lbs (45.3 kg - 7 stone 2)

I am no longer obese for the first time in many years, now I'm in the overweight category. I weigh less than my wedding and now fit in a size 14 to get into a wedding dress of size16, 33 years ago). I started at size 24 or 22. I've lost 13 1/2" off my waist.

Here's my latest before and after.
View attachment 32104 View attachment 32105

Amazing weight journey ... so good looking your are

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from beautiful Cornwall and a 5.4. It was such a lovely sunny day yesterday, spring had certainly sprung - primroses down all the lanes. I was hoping today would be similar, I fancied a beach picnic for lunch but heavy rain is forcast. Oh well!
Dinner is booked at the local pub with Mr C, eldest daughter and grandchildren which will be great. I’m collecting the girls from school this afternoon as a surprise ( hopefully a good one!)