Eating Nando's

Just a quick question, really. My boyfriend LOVES Nando's... and so do I... and typically, I get a chicken pitta (or half chicken if trying to cut out the bread) and rice/corn on the cob.

Wanted to know if anyone else liked Nando's and what they ate, and how it effected their blood sugar?

Mmmmm, Nando's! :)

Got sent this by a friend a few days back, too - hope it's not too risky... got to love the South African sense of humour (or not)...

[youtube]k97AIRy5Z5U[/youtube]

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I've never seen a Nando, but I could only eat the chicken. Does it have any sauce? - may have sugar in it.

Pitta bread = about 60g carb. I could maybe manage a small cob or one tablespoon of sweetcorn or rice, but no more. My BG would go right up!

Viv 8)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, I havent heard of nando's, are they a resturant chain ? do we have them in uk? I use this book it helps me to carb count as my math skills are diabolical!!! :roll: Anna.x

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes Nando's is a restaurant chain, yes there are Nando's in the UK. http://www.nandos.co.uk/
Portuguese style chicken mainly, but they do nice veggie burgers too.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I LOVE Nando's, was dropping my sisters prom dress off at the weekend so we made an excuse to pop to Nando's as we don't have one where we live... *drools* .. i have my chicken extra hot :)

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Having grown up in South Africa we naturally like Nando's too :) They have their nutritional information on their website http://www.nandos.co.uk/menu/eating-well so it's easy to work out the carbs if you need to for injecting insulin. We usually have the hot peri peri chicken with chips and coleslaw, my daughter (who is the diabetic in our family) doesn't really like meat very much so she'll have a bowl of chips, corn on the cob and a drink. I recently had their veggie burger in a pitta bread and it was very nice. If you want low carb then chicken with a side salad would be a good choice. The chicken is flame grilled so is a healthy option and very tasty. Well worth a visit if you haven't been before, great food, great atmosphere and not too bad in price. Avoid the desserts, they are expensive for what they are.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Not eaten at a Nandos although there is one fairly near by but I do love Peri peri chicken and eat it often a couple of times a week at home as it is so easy and quick.

Sprinkle a couple of Chicken breasts with crushed chillies and then cover with Nando's Hot Peri Peri Marinade available from most good supermarkets, whack the breasts in a hot oven for about 20 minutes until cooked and then serve with a fresh salad or even a few chips, new potatoes, rice or whatever you usually have to accompany this sort of meal. Simple easy and very tasty :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The video is really funny! :lol:

Nigel