Do I have to do low carb to reduce HBA1c?

Franchesca

@Francesca - don't panic. You have done as instructed, and it sounds like you've made excellent headway in getting your health in better shape.

My suggestion to you would be, keep doing what you're doing until you have your next test and know the results. If you have achieved what you wanted to, then any further changes you make will be your choices, because you want to.

If your numbers weren't quite where you hoped they'd be, you'd have some reading under your belt and maybe know what your choice of Nextdoor steps might be.

If you make changes now, you can't hope to know what helped or not.

Good luck with it all. You want a good result, and your medical team can't be angry with you, as you have obviously been trying to get things right. I doubt there is a single person here who got everything absolutely right, first time around.

Keep calm and carry on, as it says on mugs all over UK.

Franchesca

Firstly, what diet plan you adopt is NOT mandated, and you are free to choose what suits you best. Many here find that lowering carbs helps them, but there are other valid ways of controlling diabetes. The success and testimonials thread here is a good one to read for pointers as to what people have found to benefit them. You have made a very good start so far, and as others say, wait for the result then decide if you need to go deeper.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Franchesca those are great results in 5 months, fantastic weight reduction and a knock out a1c result. All with your other problems, very glad it has worked out for you.

Reactions: Franchesca