What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Oh @Brunneria you poor thing!
My supper plans for pine nuts and mug bread morphed into peanut butter on a lc tortilla. And it was delicious! My peanut butter has exactly the same carb ratios as my almond butter, so I’m hoping to take a break from almond butter!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

B: none
L: prawns - ran out of mayo, and i don’t want to buy more. So I used double cream and brinjal pickle. In a kind of perverted Marie Rose way ;)
D: more of the instant pot ribs from a couple of days ago. Which were just as nice second time. :D

And I have to tell you, I am married to a sadistic monster.
He may do shopping. And load the dishwasher. And walk the dogs. And take me out to dinner regularly. And give me presents. And he loves me. And he loves his mother. And does his own laundry. And so on.
But he also does dreadful things too.
Today, he bought me a small bar of Dark Dairy Milk.

That is positively evil, isn’t it?

Anyway, I can now tell you that Dark Dairy Milk has around 2.5g of carb per square, and it tastes like the choc on top of a dark choc Hobnob.

Not that i have had a Hobnob in around 10 years (and they were never a favourite), but that choc today took me right back...

I ate the whole bar.

2.5 g per square isn’t as high as I’d expect. But like you, I’d eat the whole bar so I’m not going near it. Yes, he’s an evil man!

Reactions: Brunneria

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually it tastes very nice.
I have no doubt your good self and many others find it much to their liking and I am heartily pleased for you and thankful such eateries exist. We are rarely in a position to need to eat out and off hand I can't visualise anywhere we would be that would make a Nando's handy but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just trying to catch up as we are on the road.
Yesterday.
Lunch; bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes.
Dinner at our friends house; roast chicken with cauliflower, broccoli, roasted veg. Berries and cream.
Off to Heathrow today so in flight meal should be interesting. Due into NY late afternoon.

Dunelm, I hope your inflight dining was better than mine. As gluten-free, I had obviously preordered. I didn't actually think it was possible to cook food as bland as I had.

Never mind, I'd had a decent breakfast, so I certainly didn't end up hungry. The "normal" food looked much better If we fly EVA/Thai again, I might just wing it. That said, I'm still getting over a stooopid glutening a few days ago. Hopefully, I'm on the home straight with that now.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, it’s 6am here, I think.
@DCUKMod , I have tried pre-ordering before, never very good but last year on Virgin, they did bring me a spare meal from 1st which was nice (duck).
So, a long yesterday and into your today.
Breakfast with friends: a superb English brekky without the hassle of carbs.
“Lunch” on the plane - I ate the salad, beef and greens - Mrs Miggins took the rest (some of it in the fridge in our room) -Merlot, sparkling water (not in the same glass).
What was quaintly (or not) called “nearly there” - I ate the salad nicoise with a glass of white wine and some sparkling water - Mrs Miggins nicked the little pudding thing and the bread sticks.
Out last night (2000 but body wise 0100 in the morning) - a very nice crab salad.
Some shopping done last night as we have an apartment. Found some interesting snacks;
Almond sesame seaweed thins, parmesan crisps ( a black sesame and a plain).
A bash round Central Park today (well, some of it that we have yet to do) and perhaps Carnegie Hall which is next door.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Another high FBG day... :banghead:. And along with the elevated BGs I'm getting the tiredness. Went to bed at 11pm and woke this morning at 9.45am - and I STILL feel exhausted.

Today...

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Probably some cheese and a sugar free jelly - or maybe nothing at all

Dinner: Chicken curry and cauliflower rice

Drinks: Black decaff coffee and still spring water

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DCUKMod welcome home, and I hope you recover quickly from the glutening! I have never smelled an airline meal that attracted me...Since I so very rarely fly anything but short domestic hops, I am no expert though. Eons ago I read that if you pre-order kosher, that’s the best food.
@ianpspurs I am pretty much in your camp with not much finding myself in a situation to need a chain eatery. Nothing against this Nando’s, mind. Sounds like Chik-Fil-A to me. I’m just not an “eater-outer by choice”. It takes a vacation and a waterfront restaurant with a good chef to tempt me!
@dunelm you’ll have to do some street eating, right? Hot dog with sauerkraut and chili! Re snacks, I’m sure you know: Read Those Ingredient Labels!!!!! Stuff I don’t even want to contemplate lurks in our snack foods. Hope the jet lag doesn’t mess you up too much. Enjoy your outdoors eating while you may - there’s rain rushing up the coast.
@Chook I’m sorry you’re still dragging! I know the feeling except usually on less sleep. ....do you think you are sleeping well? Would Mr C know if you were tossing and turning? (Mr ZF has slept through earthquakes...).
Going to post what happens when you freeze zero-fat yogurt for months, thaw it and then stuff back in freezer.
Bfast usual 1/2 avocado (eat ‘em while I may, Mr Pres declares he’s closing the southern border...), egg, skyr for antibx, all with a few fingerfuls of squeezed-out sauerkraut, not bad! DWSAC bulletproofed with cacao butter (jury still out on that) for melting 2sq 90% choc.

IMG_7979.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet and chilly here today so left the ranch and headed to Cambridge. Lots of tea before setting off and a Starbucks Ameircano with pot of cream whilst there. 3 sausages (W1) with cauliflower and celeriac mash with cheddar mashed in for evening meal. Pretty hungry still as I hit the exercise bike harder and longer - can't rule out 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs later but we'll see.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Not a great day. Failed food experiment and encounter with a hospital consultant with no bedside manner at all which compounded some sort of miscommunication between them and my GP.

Lunch - on the run back to work from the hospital appointment - M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a bag of pork crackling.

Dinner - attempted chicken liver. Was under cooked but tasted a piece that was done, Not for me. And that’s where a healthy stock of bacon and eggs comes in handy. 2 fried eggs and 3 rashers streaky bacon. Then some comfort food for dessert - very large portion of the cream/chocolate mousse.

On the Nando’s theme, @zauberflote there’s one in DC (sadly I still recall the exact location)!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all had my makeover today and photos for the daily mail Dr Unwin low carb article - interesting experience and will see results when out! They dressed me in green which was also interesting as never bought green. So will def look different! Don’t know date out yet - series starts either this or following Saturday but not confirmed yet. Gather @Debandez is having photo session on Thursday for the article too - will be great to see outcome.
@DJC3 hope you’re having a great birthday with lots of treats.
No breakfast - rush to get organised
Lunch cheese and nuts and 100% chocolate buttons with coffee and cream.
Dinner two lamb chops on bed of buttered, peppered cabbage with small glass red wine followed by sf jelly with yoghurt and cream.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone. Sorry for being awol for a few days - just crazy hectic and not even attempting to catch up with so many posts so hope you’re all well
B: usual protein peanut & chocolate bar with coffee
L: 3 babybel
D : had a good find in thishttps://groceries.morrisons.com/web...iginal-Rogan-Josh-Paste-Pots-2-Pots/420749011 only 4.6g carb per pot which I’ve used one between two of us and it’s turned my usual dry chicken tikka meat, peppers and tomatoes into a slightly saucier dish that’s very tasty so a good low carb cheat option for a curry (I didn’t follow the recipe on the box which asks for tomato purée and tinned tomatoes, just poured the paste straight in with some water)

Edited as I forgot that of course melted cheese on top of my bowl of curry :)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Two pieces of livlife ultra low carb toasted bread and Brie cheese.
Lunch : Forgotten :D
Dinner : “Tinola” cooked by Mrs Listlad (breast chicken boiled in a soup containing garlic, green papaya, spinach). I had mine with cauliflower rice. Greek yoghourt with fresh strawberries.

Snacks : walnuts and Camembert and four squares 85% chocolate.

Tea.

NHS Fasting blood glucose test tomorrow so am fasting tonight.

Tinola.....

7EA20CF6-7BE0-4D02-BADB-FF32011DD934.jpeg

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm behind again - Monday bed 7.3 FBG 6.7 but still getting surges like you @Chook. Last week before Easter hols. Got the boys to feed most of the week so varied cooking going on.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Slice Morrisons high protein wholemeal bread with slice of roast pork leg and a boiled egg.
L. Nothing.
D. Spinach and broccoli soup from the freezer. Engineer coming tomorrow morning to examine the ice maker which is refusing to produce ice and ruining my liquid water intake. Not the same without loads of ice.
I succumbed to 25g of Montezuma black forest chocolate and I confess - 2 squares G&B Mint chocolate. Mum & Dad had the school meeting hence why I was chief cook on a Monday.
Today - bed 6.1 FBG 6.4. My lack of ice has been resolved. After 2 weeks flaming thing started producing ice overnight just in time for the engineer appearing!
B. Post school run TAG with ADOC
L. Slice of ox tongue
D. M&S Best ever burger, 4 button mushrooms, mustard, little bit lettuce, 2 tomatoes, small avocado, hellmann's, veggie chips.
Got more of Lidl's high protein ice cream and had a scoop of white chocolate and raspberry with raspberries.
Trying to ignore Montezuma black forest chocolate- it's in the fridge and I cant break it. Was feeding boys again today so had 3 different meals to make.
Looking at the number of posts on this thread is it perhaps time to start a new thread and call it "What have you eaten today (Low Carb) with recipe suggestions and some chat" - think that covers everything. Or maybe @Brunneria knows if we can change the title?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Evening everyone. Sorry for being awol for a few days - just crazy hectic and not even attempting to catch up with so many posts so hope you’re all well
B: usual protein peanut & chocolate bar with coffee
L: 3 babybel
D : had a good find in thishttps://groceries.morrisons.com/web...iginal-Rogan-Josh-Paste-Pots-2-Pots/420749011 only 4.6g carb per pot which I’ve used one between two of us and it’s turned my usual dry chicken tikka meat, peppers and tomatoes into a slightly saucier dish that’s very tasty so a good low carb cheat option for a curry (I didn’t follow the recipe on the box which asks for tomato purée and tinned tomatoes, just poured the paste straight in with some water)

Edited as I forgot that of course melted cheese on top of my bowl of curry :)

I had the Korma variety of the Pataks pots this evening - lovely. I'll definitely try the Rogan Josh if I see it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold Chinese style pork with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: low carb kedgeree followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

5D14447D-67AD-4307-809C-0FA0958FD842.jpeg

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another failure today. It was the school production this evening so I stayed at school and ended up eating some pizza that had been ordered in for the kids. I must discover some will power and stop making excuses:eek::oops:

B - quite a lot of brie on toasted slice of seeded cereal bread
L - spinach & broccoli curry soup
D - several slices of margarita pizza (it wasn't even nice:***:)
D mark 2 - got home at 9pm and had 2 boiled eggs with sausage soldiers; peanut butter 'fudge'

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all had my makeover today and photos for the daily mail Dr Unwin low carb article - interesting experience and will see results when out! They dressed me in green which was also interesting as never bought green. So will def look different! Don’t know date out yet - series starts either this or following Saturday but not confirmed yet. Gather @Debandez is having photo session on Thursday for the article too - will be great to see outcome.
Fantastic.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking at the number of posts on this thread is it perhaps time to start a new thread and call it "What have you eaten today (Low Carb) with recipe suggestions and some chat" - think that covers everything. Or maybe @Brunneria knows if we can change the title?
It’s a great thread for me with some excellent ideas and recipes and the focus helps to keep my mind on the straight and narrow.

Reactions: DJC3