Sleep

johnnym1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tiredness is common at moment. How many hours sleep do most folk on here get?

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Tiredness is common at moment. How many hours sleep do most folk on here get?
It depends - sometimes I get 7 then others a measley 3 or 4. My brain has a way of convincing me I need to think about unimportant stuff.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Usually around 6 here myself, I always seem to run well at that.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8 hours normally, with one or two brief breaks for a bathroom visit. I sleep very well. I love my bed.

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Four or five hours at most these days. I go to bed tired and then wake up and can't fall off again. I don't know why, I have generally slept like the proverbial log all my life.

Reactions: KookieMunchster

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Average 4 hours per night
If am on a high with my bipolar, I can be awake for roughly 3 days with no sleep

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Averages around 8 hours, depending on how active and busy the day was.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6 or 7 hours for me, the quality of sleep is also important. On the day I go to gym I can tell the difference next day :)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually between 6 and 7. Feel best with 8 but several nights a month it’ll drop to 4 or 5 for no apparent reason.

I’ve had a Fitbit for over a year now and it showed that generally I get more than I realised. Years of tiredness made me think I slept badly (probably the undiagnosed diabetes, iron and vitamin deficiencies in hindsight)

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
My missus always says I could sleep on a clothes line as I get off to sleep easy and wake when it's time......and can nap at will.........not so easy at the moment though with IV antibiotics every 4 hours :spitoutdummy::grumpy:

rhalluk

Not Sleeping :( Suffering bad Tinnitus at the moment. Used to sleep great. Then would fall asleep fine but could not stay asleep 4-5 hrs. Now can't do either (last couple of months). Definitely a contributing factor to getting T2.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I function better on 7-8 hrs sleep but can get as little as 5 hrs. some nights I'm restless and other nights I sleep well. I'm up early for work most days, now my body clock won't let me sleep in on my days off which can be annoying

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have a full time day job and a part-time night job that I have to be on call for, so some nights I only get about four or five hours, some Friday and Saturday nights I can be working until early the morning. When things are going well I get at least six or even more.

I suspect that one of the reasons I wasn't aware of tiredness/fatigue as a symptom of my type 2 is because of my working hours, it wouldn't be remotely unusual to be a tired some mornings with my lifestyle! XD

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Usually 7 or 8 hours, when I go to sleep don't usually wake until morning, am a very heavy sleeper.

Reactions: Traceymac23

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
When I’ve finished 2 days of 12hr shifts I’ll generally sleep for 12hr if I’m not working I’d say 10 no getting up either. I do use sleeping tablets, couldn’t sleep without them.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anything from 4-5 hrs, 7 hours if im lucky :hungover:
Does naps count as sleeping? :hilarious:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I don't function particularly well if I sleep less than eight hours - without an alarm to wake me I can easily sleep for nine, sometimes ten, hours.