Medtonic woes

Bigsiqc

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
i have been using the Medtronic Guardian connect for a year now on a self pay scheme organised by Pharmed in Ireland.

A cociolenof months ago they replaced the sensor as part of the plan and the one they sent me has turned out to be faulty - it only has charge for 4-5 days and then closes down.

Today I have the misfortune of speaking to Medtronic support who were about as much help as a (low sugar) chocolate teaspoon. They said that they don’t have any transmitter in stock to replace the faulty one and in any everny the transmitter is out of warranty in two weeks! I advised that the transmitter was just a couple of months old and they were not the slightest but interested.

I’ve spoken to Pharmed who will take it up with them in the morning but it still leaves me without a transmitter that works properly until they come back in stock.

Has anyone else had problems with Medtronic and how long did they take to replace faulty products? Worth changing to a different CGM? Thank you

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm using the medtronic mini med 640g pump. I've never had any issues when calling them, I've had my pump replaced the same day due to a part of it coming away. The only issue I've had is when it comes to reordering my pump supplies and my hospital not being on the funding page. I either have to wait a few, days or call and orde my supplies. I'm in the North West UK.

Kelly :)

Last edited: