Half marathon ... done!

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been pretty quite of late, life is busy!
Now on a split dose levemir and fiasp mix. It’s really helped with being able to manage long runs..

As such, I completed the London landmarks half last weekend! This is something I didn’t think I would be able to manage when diagnosed and hypoing after every 3k run I did. Not fast (2:19), but completed!

I have some 10k trail runs booked and am looking at a tough mudder to try and get back to obstacle course racing (something I used to love).
New York marathon on the cards and then my ultimate goal is to do an ultra!

Finally realised that it wasn’t T1 stopping me running, it was my preparation and management of T1.

IMG_8988.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Congratulations. The preparation paid off. Mud and New York, here you come.

Georgiee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Been pretty quite of late, life is busy!
Now on a split dose levemir and fiasp mix. It’s really helped with being able to manage long runs..

As such, I completed the London landmarks half last weekend! This is something I didn’t think I would be able to manage when diagnosed and hypoing after every 3k run I did. Not fast (2:19), but completed!

I have some 10k trail runs booked and am looking at a tough mudder to try and get back to obstacle course racing (something I used to love).
New York marathon on the cards and then my ultimate goal is to do an ultra!

Finally realised that it wasn’t T1 stopping me running, it was my preparation and management of T1.

Anyway.. if you wanted to donate to my Jdrf page, there’s still time..

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Chris-Pickering-JDRF

View attachment 32146
Congratulations I'm doing my first half this year after been diagnosed about year half ago. I've done a few 10k and managed 10 miles last week without a hypo in site so looking promising.
Good luck on your next run you've got this!

Reactions: h4kr