New to this

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What with Brexit, a lot of Britons have been fleeing to the Netherlands. We're all learning the words to Rule Britannia now, and how to eat a proper Full English rather than rusk with chocolate sprinkles for breakfast! :D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What with Brexit, a lot of Britons have been fleeing to the Netherlands. We're all learning the words to Rule Britannia now, and how to eat a proper Full English rather than rusk with chocolate sprinkles for breakfast! :D
But when are you all giving up on karnemelk?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always hated karnemelk, never understood it myself. We'll see about getting it banned. ;)
Me neither.. I used to work for Rabobank.. they used to have vats of the stuff provided free at lunchtime along with regular milk.. I took some from the wrong place once.. never again!

Mudaiar2625

Sadly, I think it’s a case of certain influences wishing to continually propagate the confusion and misunderstanding in order to generate profit. No other explanation. We have a space station orbiting the Earth and are preparing to send humans to Mars, but we advise diabetics to eat even more of what caused their condition. No way are we that stupid. It’s not an accident.
Well, there is no end for profit motivation , sometimes and in some places all the times , how to find and hook paying patients as well as emotional black mailing to cough up life savings are there visibly.

Mudaiar2625

Intermittent fasting and low carbohydrate regime brought my sugar down ,Fasting average 92(max 100) and PP 99(max 117) during March .. Well awaiting for HBA1c on or after 7th April.(7th Dec- 10, fasting -228 , PP- 233)
Today 4th April I have received HBA1C report--- 6.5
Mean Plasma level 139.9
What should be my target for next three months?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Today I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and the thing that made me say WHAT!, was the nurse said she would make an appointment for my feet to be checked, what has my feet got to with this

I wish I had been diagnosed and tested like this last spring when I nicked my big toe.........May have saved it from amputation in summer.

You will probably be sent for eye screening too........problem with diabetes is that it does awful things to nerves.......particularly feet and eyes........tests are quick and painless

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Peripheral neuropathy and peripheral arterial disease are high risk complications of uncontrolled diabetes, and typically are first symptomatic in the feet. Loss of feeling, extreme pain, diabetic ulcers and ultimately amputation.

I suffered from neuropathy shortly after being diagnosed and let me tell you...you do not want it, so be happy that you’re having your feet checked :D

Besides checking that you still have ten toes, it will just be a blind feel test where you have to grunt each time a blunt pointer is touched all over your feet.

Thankfully my neuropathy has now completely vanished, but it was so painful during my healing process that I wouldn’t wish it on an enemy.

@Jim Lahey tells it as it is........#no nonsense

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Mudaiar2625 India and US use the same numbers, but not sure if your levels of diabetes are the same as ours. Here, 6.5 is the start of T2. 5.7 up to 6.4 is preD. Anyrhing 5.6 or lower is considered normal. I’m not sure about the average BG level but there are calculators to use online.
Am I right that your number went down? Congratulations! Not really sure what goals you should set. A VERY safe one is to find a way of eating that you know you can sustain life-long, and that gets your numbers to where you like them. My personal goal is to have normal numbers. Many here do. I have a long ways to go though, according to my Doctor’s lab’s interpretation.
It might be a good idea to start your own thread on here, so your questions don’t get lost in OP’s matters, and you get answers more quickly

Reactions: Prem51

Mudaiar2625

@Mudaiar2625 India and US use the same numbers, but not sure if your levels of diabetes are the same as ours. Here, 6.5 is the start of T2. 5.7 up to 6.4 is preD. Anyrhing 5.6 or lower is considered normal. I’m not sure about the average BG level but there are calculators to use online.
Am I right that your number went down? Congratulations! Not really sure what goals you should set. A VERY safe one is to find a way of eating that you know you can sustain life-long, and that gets your numbers to where you like them. My personal goal is to have normal numbers. Many here do. I have a long ways to go though, according to my Doctor’s lab’s interpretation.
It might be a good idea to start your own thread on here, so your questions don’t get lost in OP’s matters, and you get answers more quickly
Thanks, yes My number went down from 10 to 6.5, through Intermittent fasting, Time restricted eating, cutting down rice and wheat. Due to cavity I reverted to normal three times eating and slowly introducing Ragi, as well as Idly(fermented rice and dal paste steamed) and eperimenting with Rice conversion to RS3 . . Will go back to 16-8 intermittent fasting . .

Mudaiar2625

Thanks, yes My number went down from 10 to 6.5, through Intermittent fasting, Time restricted eating, cutting down rice and wheat. weight loss 5 kgs .Due to cavity I reverted to normal three times eating and slowly introducing Ragi, as well as Idly(fermented rice and dal paste steamed) and experimenting with Rice conversion to RS3 . . Will go back to 16-8 intermittent fasting . . Yet to find a diabetic doctor who can guide on lifestyle modification. Planning for Medical checkup , guidance required to record base line parameters before restarting fasting and low carbo regime.