Libre sensor

Hiya!! I have a libre sensor and was just wondering if anyone knows of anyway you can go in water for longer then 30 minutes, as in if you’re going to a water park or something. I found on diabeticsupply.com armbands but I’m not too sure if they were waterproof?
IMG_3407.jpg
IMG_3406.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It doesn't need to be waterproof, the only reason for the 30 minutes is problems with the adhesive :)
I use fixomull or tegaderm, no problems at all.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ohh!! So if I used of of these armband things it would be fine? It would still stick after I’ve taken it off?
I don't know. I've lost sensors in the past without swimming so I always use extra protection now.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's to do with the adhesive you could try Rock Tape H20 on top. I have it on top of my sensor for the Blucon that sits on top of it as a sort of barrier (the strap was digging into my skin) and although I don't have problems with the Libre sticking down the Rock Tape usually lasts two full weeks on top with an occasional corner peeling.

If it's to do with the adhesive you could try Rock Tape H20 on top. I have it on top of my sensor for the Blucon that sits on top of it as a sort of barrier (the strap was digging into my skin) and although I don't have problems with the Libre sticking down the Rock Tape usually lasts two full weeks on top with an occasional corner peeling.
Okay thank you! I’ve not had my sensor for long so just questions I forgot to ask, I’ll look into that tape and give it a go thank you!

Teajay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Black pudding!
Hi Samantha
I swim but only for 30 minutes. I'm not sure if longer affects the sensor itself or the glue attachment. I did a few ten minute stints in a spa in then out of the water and did a lot longer than the 30 minutes. Hope this helps but I've never used the armband cover .

Hi Samantha
I swim but only for 30 minutes. I'm not sure if longer affects the sensor itself or the glue attachment. I did a few ten minute stints in a spa in then out of the water and did a lot longer than the 30 minutes. Hope this helps but I've never used the armband cover .

Thank you! I think I’ll ask my diabetic nurse when I go see her next week, hopefully she will have the answer

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you! I think I’ll ask my diabetic nurse when I go see her next week, hopefully she will have the answer
I go to 3 Aquafit classes a week as well as swimming afterwards and swimming every so often with my grandson for a couple of hours at a time. As a few have mentioned, it was originally the adhesive which was the issue but they seem to have improved it.
With the amount of swimming I do, I cover the sensor with Tegaderm. It's clear, sticks well and offers a lot of protection. I've been using the Libre for a long time now and never had an issue with swimming.
When I first started with the Libre I did a thread on the forum "Life with Libre" which was pretty much a day by day diary of what was going on with it, things that went wrong (and some solutions) and there is quite a lot in there about my concerns about swimming. You'll see I tried a few things but Tegaderm was and is definitely the best.

Reactions: Samanthajayne98