Peripheral Neuropathy resolving I think.

KathyFrance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's only very recently that I discovered the soles of my feet on fire and the burning stabbing pains in the index fingers is possibly down to PN. I am pleased to report that this seems to have relented with the Metformin treatment. I am over the moon as the pain on many days was excruciating (for no apparent reason).
I had managed the foot issue with keeping my feet as cool as possible. Easier in winter on our cold tiles.
If I could cross my fingers I would!

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's only very recently that I discovered the soles of my feet on fire and the burning stabbing pains in the index fingers is possibly down to PN. I am pleased to report that this seems to have relented with the Metformin treatment. I am over the moon as the pain on many days was excruciating (for no apparent reason).
I had managed the foot issue with keeping my feet as cool as possible. Easier in winter on our cold tiles.

Are you doing the LCHF way of eating as that will help enormously as will any diet that keeps your BG as normal as possible.

Reactions: thaddydv

KathyFrance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you doing the LCHF way of eating as that will help enormously as will any diet that keeps your BG as normal as possible.
I'm an Intermittent Faster (3.5 years). No food between 9pm and midday then 2 meals in the gap.
I am taking steroids so despite the above and following a lower carb, high fat and protein regime, my BG hasn't reduced.
Since 10 days into the Metformin and my PN symptoms of the last 18 months have subsided.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm an Intermittent Faster (3.5 years). No food between 9pm and midday then 2 meals in the gap.
I am taking steroids so despite the above and following a lower carb, high fat and protein regime, my BG hasn't reduced.
Since 10 days into the Metformin and my PN symptoms of the last 18 months have subsided.

Good to hear the PN has subsided. I get a "woolly" feeling in my lower legs when my glucose is high. I only eat breakfast and lunch. I haven't done a real fast as I am quite under weight, skinny type 2 with no fatty liver on a routine scan but may have a few grams too much for me!!!!

I am considering doing a few 24 hour fast but have to be careful as when I had my hip replacement recently I went down to six and a half stones; blood glucose ot good either due to stress of operation, not correct food in hospital etc!

Reactions: KathyFrance

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Good to hear the PN has subsided. I get a "woolly" feeling in my lower legs when my glucose is high. I only eat breakfast and lunch. I haven't done a real fast as I am quite under weight, skinny type 2 with no fatty liver on a routine scan but may have a few grams too much for me!!!!

I am considering doing a few 24 hour fast but have to be careful as when I had my hip replacement recently I went down to six and a half stones; blood glucose ot good either due to stress of operation, not correct food in hospital etc!
Foods pretty good in hospital I'm holed up in.....although I may be getting special treatment because I also work here......tip of the day......ask for halal menu......bound to be a vegetable curry on there as a bare minimum?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did get scrambled egg on toast (and ate half of the toast!) and sometimes just had the soup but most of the other choices were not for me so if I did have them I couldn't eat most of the meal, cheese with the omelette would have been great but not an option!!!!

Caprock94

Still doing ok Kathy? I have the burning feet, and now some in my fingertips. No numbness and blood flow is good to extremities. All started about 6 weeks after lowering my blood sugar levels back to normal ranges. How long did yours last?

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've put my T2DM & PN into remission. I've cycled nearly 15,000 miles of cycling over the last 4 years, and finally my body appears to be relenting on the PN. I'm trying ADF (alternate day fasting) with a couple of bulletproof coffees in the morning and 500 calorie late luncheon from El Polo Loco.. I'll update on the longer term outcome of the ADF in a couple of months..

Caprock94

I think I've put my T2DM & PN into remission. I've cycled nearly 15,000 miles of cycling over the last 4 years, and finally my body appears to be relenting on the PN. I'm trying ADF (alternate day fasting) with a couple of bulletproof coffees in the morning and 500 calorie late luncheon from El Polo Loco.. I'll update on the longer term outcome of the ADF in a couple of months..

That's great! I assume you attribute this to the exercise?