What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning brothers and sisters of the prick and tell/look at the graph guild. So my week starts with a satisfactory (none of this book 'em Danno nonsense) 5.0. IMHO entirely exercise/weight driven for me personally. Innings being rebuilt after top order fell away (4s after meals and weight today BMI 21.9 - scales say body fat 17.2. The big deal is sleep consistently fractionally above my 7 hr target. ) Final score in June likely to be sub-optimal but the old ways still seem to work so steady as she goes for now.
@PenguinMum great fbg so chill today at least; @OrsonKartt another superb fbg you are quietly nailing this like a top. top pro; @P1ckle I sympatise re sinusitis, mine has imitated a tooth needing a filling - dentist said all was OK; @karen8967 sympathy for the low
Thanks Ian....Its taken me around 3 years since dx. Trying things out , maybe I'm slow, or maybe its just in the order of things that over the past few months I'm just beginning to feel like I'm "at home" with this thing. I hope I'm beginning to understand my body better. All I can say is that if something isn't quite working its worth trying something else you feel comfortable / sensible about. I really appreciate this site in seeing how blood sugar numbers can be by those brave enough and kind enough to share their personal numbers and the ups and downs of trying things out. I'm now doing several smaller meals a day and much more veg and meat/fish protein than fat. My activity levels are maybe just a little more than pre-dx but only slightly. I've always been a slim , active type . Looking at it objectively I guess I'm eating much more strictly by personal nutrition and with as few carbs as possible, I dont really count them just keep them to a minimum. I would love to be able to get a running number on on cholesterol and a calcium heart number also....maybe later in the year I'll find time and energy for it.... anyhow best thoughts to all you sharers out there....

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I feel for you looking for some mathematical correlation.
If you try applying the laws of chaos you might just get near.
I consider diabetes as a simultaneous equation with an infinite number of unknowns.
Good luck with your quest.
If a butterfly flaps its wings in one part of the world a storm in a tea cup happens in another

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
CRP(basically infection count per thousand) is down from 250+ to just 17
I had an infection just prior to my diagnosis Tracey...awful...was sent straight to the acute assessment unit...when my bloods came back my infection maker was at 325...I insisted I wouldn't stay however when they said if I went home I would become tachycardic & my organs were likely to fail I sensibly changed my mind...so I do understand some of what you're going through...fingers crossed for positive news with for the right A/B's & the vertebrae...there's nothing like getting back home.

Reactions: geefull and Freema

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 4.6 today.

Sun and blue skies today. Temperature will climb to 18 degrees today before weather will deteriorate again next week.

@Patrick66 -- Hope you'll feel better soon and find back to your old strength.
@P1ckle -- Hugs for the sinusitis. Try to cake it easy and hope you'll get over it soon.
@OrsonKartt -- Excellent fbgs lately. Really well done.
@ianpspurs -- 5.0 Yeah! Personally, exercise (aerobic with resistance) and an early dinner tends to give the best fasting blood readings.
@Chronicle_Cat -- What an odyssey you and your mom have been through. Hope finding the genetic problem will make life less stressful for you and your family.

Enjoy your Sunday all.
Thank you

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE="jjraak, post: 2023692, member: 493719"
View attachment 32212

That looks idyllic, and with a fisherman's boat right outside they must have really fresh fish on the menu every day. :)
Whereabouts is that? I always stayed as close to the beach as I could, but hotels are usually set back from the beach.
I haven't been back to Goa for about ten years, but you have made me think about returning again. Enjoy the rest of your trip, and I hope you are ok with the mad traffic on your ride today.
Palolem...Papillon shack

So not hotel, more rustic n basic...but hey..it's ON THE BEACH, baby...:D
So madam was happy....(;))

(Btw, back in baga....safe n sound..will post later.)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 Sunday morning. HARD rain in the middle of the night with lots of lightning -- it's so nice to live in an area that doesn't get tornadoes -- or if it should, this huge old building could withstand one. Very secure feeling, although I had to open the closet door so the KittenCat could take shelter from the thunder. Silly human -- I sit there in the dark and watch the lightning knowing I can pull the covers over my head!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning, had our granddaughters round all day so only just got round to checking in. Daughter has the dreaded lurgy and SIL taking care of her and their 2 Great Danes. We’ve had a lovely, if exhausting day and I think a brandy and coffee will be called for this evening.
@Chronicle_Cat you continue to amaze - incredible results!
@Traceymac23 and @Patric66 hope you are both soon fit and able to come home.
@OrsonKartt it’s really encouraging to me to hear it’s taken you 3 yrs to find a way of life that works. It can sometimes feel discouraging when various options ( lc, keto, IF, prolonged fasting, cardio vs strength exercise etc - so many variables) don’t give obvious immediate results. The answer which your results give proof to, is to keep tweaking until everything falls into a nice comforable and sustainable place for each individual. I agree with you that this site is invaluable in learning from other’s experiences. Thank you.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
I had an infection just prior to my diagnosis Tracey...awful...was sent straight to the acute assessment unit...when my bloods came back my infection maker was at 325...I insisted I wouldn't stay however when they said if I went home I would become tachycardic & my organs were likely to fail I sensibly changed my mind...so I do understand some of what you're going through...fingers crossed for positive news with for the right A/B's & the vertebrae...there's nothing like getting back home.

True talk x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OrsonKartt the answer which your results give proof to, is to keep tweaking until everything falls into a nice comforable and sustainable place for each individual...

Agree.
No use it being a quick fix.
Cos you will falter then fail.

It HAS to be something your willing to commit to for many years., SO find a way THAT WORKS for YOU.
And once you find it, then tweak away.

How do you know it's working?

BGs are good, HBA1c gets lower..
Control improves

The lipids, TRIGS etc come after, I think.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Agree.
No use it being a quick fix.
Cos you will falter then fail.

It HAS to be something your willing to commit to for many years., SO find a way THAT WORKS for YOU.
And once you find it, then tweak away.

How do you know it's working?

BGs are good, HBA1c gets lower..
Control improves

The lipids, TRIGS etc come after, I think.
And life gets better

Reactions: trick60