What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
I do agree with you that it maybe takes years to reverse a situation that has taken years to develop. But also - we have to be mindful that we are all individuals and that maybe our normal is not to run with very low fbg and low hbA1c.

So I have decided not to 'beat myself up' if I suddenly go back to the 5s and just enjoy the 4s when they do happen.
Positive mental attitude can go a long way

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Another reading in the 4s - (4.8). This has not happened since I came off insulin. Maybe if you have T2 for years it just takes years of low carb/keto and learning about which foods/herbs really work for you to get normal numbers.

Holy moly I am so happy for you! It can take years to get there but when you do? It’s amazing! It’s best to just relax though, I have to agree with everyone else.

5.1 for me today, apparently my body does want the consistency reward! Just had to roll by the dentists but clean bill of health for the first time ever! Now onto getting home and getting into the gym at 11am, heaven help me...

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 5.3 yesterday and 4.9 today

horrible cold sore and neuralgia up one side of my head , Ugh!
Blood glucose seems to be permanently higher than it was , not awful, just higher than it was for a while. Looks like the new 'normal' hopefully it doesn't continue to trend even higher. Quite stressful when that happens :(

Having a quiet day today and trying to get some rest.

Hope your Monday is going well :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning.

hello-monday-letters-with-many-colors_23-2147658327.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Blood glucose seems to be permanently higher than it was , not awful, just higher than it was for a while. Looks like the new 'normal' hopefully it doesn't continue to trend even higher. Quite stressful when that happens :(

Hug for the cold sore and neuralgia. Rest up. As a bystander my instinct is your fbgs will be influenced by the stress (disappointment?) of higher numbers lately - self reinforcing circle. Chill out - you're a star.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great level to start the week with @Krystyna23040 and amazing progress with no insulin as well. There seems to be something in the idea it takes time to reverse a situation that has clearly taken time to develop - thinking type 2 here. I also wonder if some of us are designed to run at the higher end of non diabetic bg levels, anyhow. Chasing the lower fbg and HbA1c levels may be flat out harmful for some. Not seen any links to scholarly articles around that subject on here. Anyhow, chasing Unicorns is so en vogue just now.

I agree. 4s are not necessarily "normal" and what is normal for one person may not be for another.
And I don't think that trying to bring numbers down is necessarily best accomplished by fasting for a set number of hours. We're not machines. Maybe it's better to let our bodies set the goal number and try to stay in line with that rather than trying to tweak numbers by fasting.

Last edited:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

Numbers are good?

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Hug for the cold sore and neuralgia. Rest up. As a bystander my instinct is your fbgs will be influenced by the stress (disappointment?) of higher numbers lately - self reinforcing circle. Chill out - you're a star.
How can 4.9 or 5.3 be described as high? Or am I missing something?

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
I agree. 4s are not necessarily "normal" and what is normal for one person may not be for another.
And I don't think that trying to bring numbers down is necessarily best accomplished by fasting for a set number of hours. We're not machines. Maybe it's better to let our bodies set the goal number and try to stay in line with that rather than trying to tweak numbers by fasting.

True talk!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 at 5am and 6.5 at 8am. So I am going for low 6. Today am having breakfast at 9am or 10am and nothing but tea and water until early supper at 5 or 6pm. Not sure how to improve FBG but tomo I might do something different!
@karen8967 hugs for the hypo.
@HarrisonK that was a very lucky escape. Envy!
Some great scores looking at you @DJC3 and @OrsonKartt.
@Goacher55 made me laugh, a little of what you fancy but not too often eh.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Good luck with the Meal spacing PM, hope it works for you. I think my sub 5 today was due to having quite a big Sunday lunch at 2pm and nothing else apart from decaf coffee with cream. Don’t think I’d have lasted without the coffee/ cream to look forward to.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm done with this thread. I am so angry right now. I came here looking for support give-and-take and instead I get insulted for absolutely no reason by people who don't know me.

I've also gotten a lot of help and nice comments from most people and I think them for that, but I refuse keep coming back for more insults from the few. I don't need the stress.

'Bye.

Reactions: Cumberland

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Get well soon

Reactions: Cumberland