Anyone seen the documentary What the Health (netflix)??

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I got to about twenty minutes before I lost patience. They were going on about meat, fish and especially dairy being high in sat fat and cholesterol (the bit about pus spoiled my breakfast). For medical professionals to speak of cholesterol in terms of CVD without even attempting to discuss the theory behind their 'information' beggars beleif. And let's not go there on their views on cheese. I found the dietician's views disturbing, way to put the fear into pregnant women. Shame on her.

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I'll have to take a look at that, though it won't sway me from a low carb diet that saw my HbA1c drop from 70 to 45 in 9 weeks and my weight drop by three stone in three months! And I eat a lot of strawberries with double cream and chicken! :chicken:
EDIT I have the strawberries and cream separate from the chicken! :playful:

Nice one on the strawberries and cream. I'll do more of that.. Thanks for that recipe.. Walmart has extra thick cream and fresh strawberries every day! I'll love them more now..

Reactions: Serena51

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Indy51 I've just watched the film you linked to of the doctor's critique of 'What the Health', having seen the documentary a week or so ago.

THANK YOU for the biggest laugh I've had in days!

:):):)

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
Apparently, 1 eggs is the same as smoking 5 cigarettes a day. Or that eating meat raised blood sugars and gives you diabetes. Who knew?

They say all this with a straight face.

P.s. contaminates don't just fall on livestock, they fall on plants. They don't talk about this.

Well, we could talk about just how awful this documentary is all day.

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
Oh, lactose intolerance is bad so don't drink milk. Where's them talking about gluten intolerance from their precious grain?

Drooresist

As an American Board Certified Family Physician, who used to advocate a Atkins or Ketodiet, I'm sorry to say, WHAT THE HEALTH, is an excellent film

I did my own scholarly research. The data is spot on. I slowly but surely adopted a fully vegan, no processed oil, no processed sugar diet.

I've lost 16 lbs and will check my labs soon

I advocate a #WholeFoodPlantBasedDiet, in contrast to simply a Vegan diet, because the Vegans may make the mistake of adding processed oils (like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Refined sugars) into their diets.

Drooresist

I think I have disproved their theory by having normal blood glucose levels while eating (almost) only meat/dairy/eggs for the last 2 years.
What's your A1C? If it's above 5.6 then, no, your blood sugar is not normal. If it is, then yes, it is. Keep us posted.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As an American Board Certified Family Physician, who used to advocate a Atkins or Ketodiet, I'm sorry to say, WHAT THE HEALTH, is an excellent film

I did my own scholarly research. The data is spot on. I slowly but surely adopted a fully vegan, no processed oil, no processed sugar diet.

I've lost 16 lbs and will check my labs soon

I advocate a #WholeFoodPlantBasedDiet, in contrast to simply a Vegan diet, because the Vegans may make the mistake of adding processed oils (like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Refined sugars) into their diets.
How long have you been eating this way and what were you eating beforehand?

Drooresist

It entirely negates everything on this forum - and more to the point everything I'm experiencing in my own weight loss and BS control on the low carb diet - apparently it's not sugar and carbs that's the problem it's fats and animal proteins ....arrrgh ! Don't you just hate all the contradictory information ??????? I'm sticking to what's working for me and blow the crazy american doctors !! (according to them chicken is one of the worst things you can eat !!!!! - maybe their getting it confused with the Kentucky Fried sort!)

Sorry chicken lovers. I used to be one to. No more.

Google: chicken just as bad a red meat

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What's your A1C? If it's above 5.6 then, no, your blood sugar is not normal. If it is, then yes, it is. Keep us posted.
My results are in my signature... I have been eating almost solely animal produce for the past 12 months and ketogenic for the 2 1/2 years before that.
Units are mmol/m rather than %

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Apparently, 1 eggs is the same as smoking 5 cigarettes a day. Or that eating meat raised blood sugars and gives you diabetes. Who knew?

They say all this with a straight face.

P.s. contaminates don't just fall on livestock, they fall on plants. They don't talk about this.

Well, we could talk about just how awful this documentary is all day.

Agreed, it's complete rubbish. Just not worth wasting time on discussing.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry chicken lovers. I used to be one to. No more.

Google: chicken just as bad a red meat
As I posted in the other thread where you have said this same message, you only joined the forum today, and you have not declared what your interest in a diabetes forum is. There is suspicion that you may have a vested interest that is undeclared. I cannot accept any of your postings until you have provided some proper credentials.