heartburn

ninaleonard78

so ive just started to get heartburn at night...tightness in my chest....whats best to take i think it the metformin giving me it

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so ive just started to get heartburn at night...tightness in my chest....whats best to take i think it the metformin giving me it
Heart burn is a pain, no matter what I do I can't get off omeparazole completely =(. Down to every 3 days now

The only thing that's helped me when it's mild is apple cider vinegar. Others swear by baking soda and mustard

A lot of lifestyle changes can help too eg losing weight, quitting smoking(don't know if you do or don't), not wearing tight clothes and cutting down on caffeine

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And i you're getting tightness in your chest make an appointment with your GP to rule any other problems out

ninaleonard78

thanks ive an appointment to have a scan on heart to rule out heart issues as had pains in chest with very high bs level readings at 26...they think it was anxiety then thou, nope dont smoke not over weight cant stand tight clothes(bras off the minute im home maybe to much info there lol)...4cups of tea....ive some avc here...how much do i take and how? many thanks xx

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
apple cider vinger lol....
Lol silly me I usually take about 2 tablespoons before food. I take it straight, but a lot of people like to mix it with water. Need to make sure you use the pure stuff though, it's the one that's cloudy at the bottom! Doesn't work for everyone, but when you get that horrible heart burn anythings worth a shot