Keeping the weight off

Jonsey2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been type 2 for a year and a half I managed to lose 5 and a half stone but now I'm putting it back on again but still doing the same any pointers would be appreciated

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the idea is to again reduce the calories you put in and increase the exercise you do.
I was told by my dietician that things like bananas and grapes, and bread (if you eat them) can keep the weight going up due to the sugar content.
Well done on losing so much weight. Now may be the time you need someadded input from your family doctor or a dietician to look at what you eat.
Keep a food diary for about a month. Write down everything you eat and drink. Go back and analyse it after the month and see if anything stands out as repetitive. That may be your issue.
Also if you have a smart phone download an app that gives you calorie contents of items you are eating and total them up each day.
Look online for what the health authority recommend as a maintainence guide for weight for your height, age and sex.
I know it's not easy to lose weight but you did great in losing so much. It may be something simple that is adding to your weight at presnt.
Good luck

Jonsey2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think the idea is to again reduce the calories you put in and increase the exercise you do.
I was told by my dietician that things like bananas and grapes, and bread (if you eat them) can keep the weight going up due to the sugar content.
Well done on losing so much weight. Now may be the time you need someadded input from your family doctor or a dietician to look at what you eat.
Keep a food diary for about a month. Write down everything you eat and drink. Go back and analyse it after the month and see if anything stands out as repetitive. That may be your issue.
Also if you have a smart phone download an app that gives you calorie contents of items you are eating and total them up each day.
Look online for what the health authority recommend as a maintainence guide for weight for your height, age and sex.
I know it's not easy to lose weight but you did great in losing so much. It may be something simple that is adding to your weight at presnt.
Good luck
Thankyou I have spoken with my dietitian and they recommended fasting which I don't think I would be comfortable with

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou I have spoken with my dietitian and they recommended fasting which I don't think I would be comfortable with

I personally think that if your diabetes is under control I'd give it a go. If your diabetes is unstable I think it unwise. Be interesting to see what other members think

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I know putting on weight can be a worry but more important keep your levels under control and alter diet accordingly, i need to do this too as eat too much these days since being on insulin