Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Captain Black was always my favourite!

Reactions: db89

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fairygodmother she is doing well, but has ended up 3 months behind where she should have been. The stress and feeling of illness it caused has put her off having the second one done. But we shall see. Parents are coming this weekend and I am hosting a bit of a do with my two brothers and their wives to celebrate their diamond wedding. It was just over a month ago but she wasn’t well enough at the time. As we have in Bloom judging this week, and have been doing lots of hours towards that as well as trying to get ready, I am feeling a little stressed, which resulted in a near permanent hypo this afternoon. I tried to forge through like I normally do but failed miserably. Anyway sitting pretty now.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Fairygodmother she is doing well, but has ended up 3 months behind where she should have been. The stress and feeling of illness it caused has put her off having the second one done. But we shall see. Parents are coming this weekend and I am hosting a bit of a do with my two brothers and their wives to celebrate their diamond wedding. It was just over a month ago but she wasn’t well enough at the time. As we have in Bloom judging this week, and have been doing lots of hours towards that as well as trying to get ready, I am feeling a little stressed, which resulted in a near permanent hypo this afternoon. I tried to forge through like I normally do but failed miserably. Anyway sitting pretty now.

I hope it does her good to come to you for the celebration. Diamond - wow!
And don’t you get ill from overdoing things.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning all :)

@Cumberland - delighted your dental visit was painless! Really good news. Hugs to Wispa for not getting to meet her friends.

5.1 this morning. This is amazing considering I totally blew it last night and ate: dinner, an Alpro vegan chocolate dessert, a small bowl of peanuts, two Oreos, a 110g bar of vegan chocolate ... I did, however, stack the insulin for all this lot and it worked well so that the only ill effects are going to be to my weight. Mind you, after focussing hard on one spread sheet for 8 hours with a half hour break for lunch, I was so frazzled I was in a total "Oh f.... it all, do I care?" mood.

Today I get to make tofu, and use the soapnuts on the laundry to see how it goes. I'm hoping it works well.

https://amazon.co.uk/Salveo-Natural...ords=soapnuts&qid=1554878432&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Thank you

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning T1 Disrupters,
Good to read about not diabetes related stuff
- Cumbs, glad to know the dentist was not too onerous
- FairyGM, don't forget Hamish is still a child in knee terms and we all know what kids are like when they get tired but it doesn't stop them learning new things (like squats). It sounds as if he is growing up well

My current medical stuff is still just diabetes related. Today I feel proper "teched up". I have my Animas on one side, my Medtrum dummy on the other and just attached a Libre so it will be firing on all cylinders (hopefully) by the time I get to Stockholm next week and still going for my Easter break,
The dual pump thing is a bit of a weird one - yesterday, I suspended my Animas because my BG was falling and the Medtrum has no brains so I was dual pumped but pumping nothing for an hour.
The Medtrum dummy is less uncomfortable than I expected. I did manage to catch the sticky when I applied it so I was getting a bit of rubbing where there is no sticky. Now I have attached a bit of micropore to stop the rubbing it seems to be ok. And, it was much less visible than the Animas in my leggings when I went to the gym last night where it coped with running, weights and stomach crunches without any obvious struggles.
I plan to keep it attached until Friday to check the adhesive doesn't annoy and then I'll try it somewhere else for a day or so.
If it continues to behave, I will request a month's trial with insulin and have an Animas break.
My fingers are still crossed and I am trying not to count my (chocolate) eggs before I cross that bridge but I make no promises about mixing metaphors.

Helen I was mighty relieved

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all.

Yes up a little late because not in work for a couple of days.

So what do you buy a T1D for his birthday?

Graphic novel? check
Playstation live renew? check
Some booze and chocolate?

9hj4w7.jpg

And yes the Creme Liquor is in the fridge :) :happy::hilarious:

Happy Friday everyone.

Hi Knikki, if you can read this, but can't post, for whatever reason, I hope all is okay and I wish you well, take care x

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Captain Pugwash :jimlad:...memories from childhood....:angelic:...and topic for discussion....good night all.....

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Finally, ten days after the clocks changed, my body has just about stopped protesting I'm making it get up in the dark again. Either that, or it's getting excited for the countdown to lunchtime tomorrow, and the departure of my students for the following 16 days of my life. "Hooray! Japes let me have my life back!" is the traditional parting shot of one student every term, especially if I've been getting signatures on units, known to them as the "signing your life away" part of the work.

Now everyone's over the shock of my change of duties for the foreseeable future, it's rather entertaining watching realisation dawn that, actually, everyone else had the easy option for six months, and I was, in fact, doing at least 3 people's work. Me, I'm just rather bored with current duty and am hoping the solution promised six months ago actually happens, and I can get back to my proper work... not sure who will be more grateful for that, me, my students or my colleagues.

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all.

Not that I'm wishing my life away, but hey - soon be the weekend! Not that I have anything wonderful and exciting planned but I always enjoy just being at home :)

6.1 this morning. A little higher than I like but the breakfast insulin should drop it back into the low 5's. I told the app my desirable target is 5.3 and it always aims to get me there.

Reactions: porl69