What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Sometimes I have the dairy herd, admiring their reflections in my bedroom window! That's country life for you :p

Viv 8)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: viv ! !

Spearmint

ebony321 said:
Spearmint - i replied to you but lost my reply (was a bit long) :( i shall re-type and post later on today.

Ladybird - seems common to think you know diabetes then it does something very odd and confuses you all over again doesn't it! still, glad it's going down though, hope you feel better soon!

Oh no ebony, how annoying!!!! Thanks though

Hope i am not taking up too many posts in here :oops:

NewdestinyX

Spearmint said:
ebony321 said:
Spearmint - i replied to you but lost my reply (was a bit long) :( i shall re-type and post later on today.

Ladybird - seems common to think you know diabetes then it does something very odd and confuses you all over again doesn't it! still, glad it's going down though, hope you feel better soon!

Oh no ebony, how annoying!!!! Thanks though

Hope i am not taking up too many posts in here :oops:
You could maybe start a thread, Spearmint, logging your daughter's progress. I know I for one would follow it and maybe offer insights. We all need support. It would be great if we could keep this thread 'on target' - but neither do I want to squelch, in any way, this wonderful camaraderie it's creating! :D

Back to the topic at hand..

This morning I was a 5.9 - still higher than I like - but I think things won't reset until the antibiotic totally out of my system. Battled a severe bronchitis for 3 weeks.. I'm better. But started the antibiotic in week 2 and it's still in my system. I'm sure that's affecting my numbers.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
viviennem said:
Next door's cockerel woke me by standing on my fence, almost under my bedroom window, and crowing his head off at 04:45! I'm going out to buy a high-powered water pistol. If that doesn't work, it's chicken-and-mushroom pie!

Viv 8)

an alarm ****....
:twisted:

LaughingHyena

5.5 for me, very happy with that.

Not so happy with the 3.4 mid morning. Same breakfast and novorapid as usual, a little light shopping and jigsaws with my 4yo. None of it seemed particularly out of the ordinary. I did turn out to be exceptionally bad at bob the builder jigsaws at that level, not sure that's au useful hypo symptom :lol:

Couple of jelly babies and a cup of tea later I was feeling much better.

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
It was 4.0 and I am exceedingly happy with that.
Spent 7 hours last night at a massive factory fire with our Fire Brigade's pumper in 100 km+ winds, freezing cold and frequently soaked from burst hoses. The fire service fed us with McDonalds and for the first time in 2 years I had a burger and ate the bread but recorded a 5.6 three hours later. I won't be doing that again though!
I did have a couple of rum and coke zeros when I got home to wind down before I showered and went to bed at 2.30am. My husband neglected to turn my electric blanket on until I got home so I had a reason to stay up and do a few things I had planned to do before the fire call came!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I had 6.2 this morning. A little bit of DP maybe as I was probably low last night. I only had 19g carbs during the day yesterday but I was so tired I forgot to test before going to bed.

Wendywu

Dislikes
Track running. Drunks. Bigots and intolerance in any form. Bullying.
6.3 and whilst not happy I am do know that last night's chocolate might have a little to do with it! Not that I over-indulged but that doesn't help.

It was nice though!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Okay this is getting a bit strange. I'm 6.4 again, i think that's the 3rd time since i've posted on this thread that i've been 6.4 in the morning. I'm happy with it though :)

ClaireG 06

Mine was 8.5, higher than i'd like but i'm having a 24hr blood pressure test done. I think having my arm squeezed to death every 15mins in the day and 30 through the night hasn't helped my levels!

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 5.8, I'm very pleased with that.

Hope things get sorted soon for you ClairG.

Ann

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
5.4 at 08:00. Too many carbs yesterday! :oops: but still excellent. I'm well-chuffed with these at present.

Viv 8)

Spearmint

Well, she was 6.8 this morning :shock: :shock: :D :D

Only thing done differently yesterday was using the bigger needles at all injections - amazing difference :shock: :shock:

No big spikes overnight either but a slight dip so once i have todays readings i will start a thread tonight to get peoples opinions on what to change and by how much.

For those who have been following: she was 9.4 at 7:30pm, 8.5 at 9pm, 8.9 at 11pm, 4.5 at 3am
So much better than the previous 2 nights :D

ebony321

Dislikes
Spearmint said:
Well, she was 6.8 this morning :shock: :shock: :D :D

Only thing done differently yesterday was using the bigger needles at all injections - amazing difference :shock: :shock:

No big spikes overnight either but a slight dip so once i have todays readings i will start a thread tonight to get peoples opinions on what to change and by how much.

For those who have been following: she was 9.4 at 7:30pm, 8.5 at 9pm, 8.9 at 11pm, 4.5 at 3am
So much better than the previous 2 nights :D

Excellent! :)

Maybe your recent changes took a while to take effect.

Stick with the bigger needles, see if it thats whats making a difference.

You must be dead chuffed, it's great to hear! :D

Spearmint

ebony321 said:
Excellent! :)

Maybe your recent changes took a while to take effect.

Stick with the bigger needles, see if it thats whats making a difference.

You must be dead chuffed, it's great to hear! :D

I am pretty sure it is the needles as i changed the Levemir doses Monday last week!!
I reluctantly changed her breakfast ratio Friday morning but i changed it back this morning :lol:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, am still in shock!!! :shock: am 8.2 this morning , never ever been this low . Am off to a double appt today meet n see my new DSN it might have dropped to the fact its today I am going??? :? Anna.x

Pneu

well good news all-round by the looks of it this morning everyone has improving blood sugars!

I didn't take a reading first thing this morning as my five month old daughter was up early and demanding food... but I was 4.6 mmol/l @ 7:30am 2 hours post my breakfast

ebony321

Dislikes
It does seem that a few seem to be posting lower and lower numbers, which is good to see.

Good going Anna! maybe your diabetes is a little scared at the propect of a new DSN so decided to behave a little today? Whatever it is i hope it continues :)

Spearmint - maybe it is that with bigger needles she's getting the insulin better! :)