What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Might be, @maglil55 . I looked the book up. I figured this homemade mix might be the same as the Dr Almond mixes. Looking at the recipe closer, I see that it is the same as any bread type thing I make — and I always use more flax for more fiber and fewer carbs. So I probably won’t actually bother. I’m going nuts enough as it is with BG swings that I can’t be bothered right now.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast : Scrambled egg, sausage, bacon, cheese and full fat milk.
Lunch : Very little
Early Dinner : Meat and cheese platter as per pic. Panna cotta for desert. Zero Carboidrati Coke
Supper : Brie and full fat milk.

A330F83B-9055-4315-B59A-88DA471A5F1A.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all another busy working day so restricted eating from 5pm and at 7pm just finished!
Nibbles - whilst cooking, along with a dry white wine spritzer made with soda water - Put some crispy seaweed thins ( made with seeweed, olive oil and salt - itsu brand from Waitrose 0.2 g of carbs for half a pack) on top of four of my own lc seeded crisbreads - yum very crunchy and tasty.
Then trout in lemon butter, asparagus and cauliflower cheese
Pudding less than a quarter of a portion - about two teaspoons - of @Goonergals recommended bonne maman’s dark chocolate creme with salt served with extra thick cream ( each pudding is about 13g of carb so this way took it down to more acceptable 3ish - @DJC3 worth a try know you weren’t sure about total no of carbs. ) As I was having generous amounts of veg it would have put total up too much for me. Just had decaf coffee with my two small squares of montezumas orange oil and cocoa nibs choc. Wonderful range of tastes, textures and flavours tonight.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have had a day of teff flour testing and the results are very confusingo_O
B - teff flour fried bread with 2 fried eggs. After 2 hours BG had risen by 0.2 so was very happy with that
L - plain croissant as forgot lunch
D - other half of teff flour fried bread with pate and cream cheese. After 2 hours BG had risen by 4!!!:wideyed::arghh: How do I interpret this? Pate?
Will have to do more testing tomorrow:depressed:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have had a day of teff flour testing and the results are very confusingo_O
B - teff flour fried bread with 2 fried eggs. After 2 hours BG had risen by 0.2 so was very happy with that
L - plain croissant as forgot lunch
D - other half of teff flour fried bread with pate and cream cheese. After 2 hours BG had risen by 4!!!:wideyed::arghh: How do I interpret this? Pate?
Will have to do more testing tomorrow:depressed:
Croissant may have contributed?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All been AWOL again. This week my OH was away so tried to shake up my eating times to improveFBGs with some success but defo too early to be smug. I have a lot of teacher friends to catch up with this week which rather put the spanber in the works though!
Breakfasts have been usual 1 slice of HiLo toast with thick butter, tea.
Lunch was absent on days I went out for coffee, never sure about carbs of coffee outother days Cereal bowl of Greek Salad little gem leaves, cucumber, 1 sliced tomato, feta and olives.
Supper my usual fave things, two omlettes 1 with spinach other with grated cheese and one chopped tomato.
One night lamb strak with leftover Greek salad.
One night Chicken and Bacon Caesar salad.
Tonight am exhausted roasting aubrgine cubes red pepperstrips red onion strips and red onion strips with Italian herbs and EVOO to share with son.
Only puds this week have been 2 LoCal jellies.
Not as exciting as you guys.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2Mad day for me, continuous mealtime/snack time for grandson and huge amount of food for 9 moth old granddaughter. I did lick a tiny bit of Nutella from grandson's breakfast - yep I loved it, no point lying. My meals were chicken salad - reduced size and carbs - with h/m mayo for lunch. Bacon wrapped avocado(s) with soft boiled eggs for evening meal. To be perfect will need bigger avos as our eggs are much bigger than normal - think 90 gms+ in some cases. Cronometer comes up with 14 gms carbs to count and even with little exercise 130 cal deficit. It seems to be getting cals in/out perfect - bg testing is sporadic but the carb/bg factor is hit and mis IMHOs. Big problem is from about 4 weeks of around 20 gms carbs resting hr is up 10% - 54 to 61.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2Mad day for me, continuous mealtime/snack time for grandson and huge amount of food for 9 moth old granddaughter. I did lick a tiny bit of Nutella from grandson's breakfast - yep I loved it, no point lying. My meals were chicken salad - reduced size and carbs - with h/m mayo for lunch. Bacon wrapped avocado(s) with soft boiled eggs for evening meal. To be perfect will need bigger avos as our eggs are much bigger than normal - think 90 gms+ in some cases. Cronometer comes up with 14 gms carbs to count and even with little exercise 130 cal deficit. It seems to be getting cals in/out perfect - bg testing is sporadic but the carb/bg factor is hit and mis IMHOs. Big problem is from about 4 weeks of around 20 gms carbs resting hr is up 10% - 54 to 61.

Was your BaconAvoEggy thing, something like the thing I saw yesterday? If so, what was it like?

(Nothing wrong with a resting heart rate of 61.)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fried halloumi with cauliflower, broccoli and mushroom salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese style cold pork slices with leafy salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

486BEC13-5BD0-45A8-AACC-39F253365BE6.jpeg

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fried halloumi with cauliflower, broccoli and mushroom salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese style cold pork slices with leafy salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

View attachment 32312
Nice idea, fried haloumi.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Was your BaconAvoEggy thing, something like the thing I saw yesterday? If so, what was it like?

(Nothing wrong with a resting heart rate of 61.)
The bacon avo thing was directly taken from your post. I knew I would like it the moment I saw it but as I said needs bigger avos for our eggs - the wonky ones come small one week and big the next. The hr per se is less of a prob than the 10% rise although 57+ is not a number I see much - mostly tells me I am ill/had alcohol. Alcohol has mostly gone since Boxing day.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCUKMod

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.7 FBG 8.4.Yes you saw that right. Went on rising to 10.4. Had a very poor night. Shattered, legs in a bad way and really didn't feel good overnight.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. 1/2 Matteson sausage and 2 scrambled eggs.
D. 5 salt and chilli ribs and 4 salt and chilli chicken wings.
2 bits Green & Blacks Mint.
1/2 PhD raspberry bar earlier.
Just when I'm feeling worn out my washing machine decided to over fill and start depositing the water onto the kitchen floor. Too tired to deal with it so cleaned the mess and will have a look tomorrow.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.7 FBG 8.4.Yes you saw that right. Went on rising to 10.4. Had a very poor night. Shattered, legs in a bad way and really didn't feel good overnight.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. 1/2 Matteson sausage and 2 scrambled eggs.
D. 5 salt and chilli ribs and 4 salt and chilli chicken wings.
2 bits Green & Blacks Mint.
1/2 PhD raspberry bar earlier.
Just when I'm feeling worn out my washing machine decided to over fill and start depositing the water onto the kitchen floor. Too tired to deal with it so cleaned the mess and will have a look tomorrow.
Sounds like a day from hell. We had washing machine flood last weekend causes havoc. Hope tomorrow is better for legs and washing machine gets sorted.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right, finally managed to get dinner made after a mad dash to get one of our cats to the vet after work. Cue yours truly chasing said moggy around the house like a loon and swearing profusely! I had to use the throw large towel and scoop method in the end! Only fellow cat owners will understand! Thankfully, the poor lad doesn't have a UTI as suspected. The consensus is anxiety issues due to a local aggressive cat who is patrolling the locale at night. The result is unexpected puddles on the kitchen floor!

B: Vanilla chia with LC Nutella and strawberry garnish. Black coffee
L: Nothing for me. Mr B had leftover red Thai chicken curry, HC baton. Afternoon almond milk cappuccino with cream.
D: Chorizo, mushroom, red pepper and spring greens 'hash' with poached egg. Small LC waffle (quarter) with clotted cream, strawberries and LC syrup. Decaf coffee with cream. Just finished a decaf tea.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all another busy working day so restricted eating from 5pm and at 7pm just finished!
Nibbles - whilst cooking, along with a dry white wine spritzer made with soda water - Put some crispy seaweed thins ( made with seeweed, olive oil and salt - itsu brand from Waitrose 0.2 g of carbs for half a pack) on top of four of my own lc seeded crisbreads - yum very crunchy and tasty.
Then trout in lemon butter, asparagus and cauliflower cheese
Pudding less than a quarter of a portion - about two teaspoons - of @Goonergals recommended bonne maman’s dark chocolate creme with salt served with extra thick cream ( each pudding is about 13g of carb so this way took it down to more acceptable 3ish - @DJC3 worth a try know you weren’t sure about total no of carbs. ) As I was having generous amounts of veg it would have put total up too much for me. Just had decaf coffee with my two small squares of montezumas orange oil and cocoa nibs choc. Wonderful range of tastes, textures and flavours tonight.
Impressive restraint with the Bon Maman chocolate creme!