PR SUCCESSES - GETTING THE WORD OUT THAT LCHF IS THE BEST DIET TO HELP TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Freema

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll be presenting at this webinar - the Big Innovation Conversation - next Thursday, 11th April as the patient participant. Mainly an audience of academics and healthcare professionals looking at low carb diets. The organisers are happy for the sign-up link to be shared on the forum for anyone who is interested.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/big-...-activation-and-self-care-tickets-58989660663

Patient activation and self care. Perfect. Looking forward to tuning in @Goonergal . Got my alarm set. Well done. You will be incredible.

wellperson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As forum members now have a few articles under our belts we thought it might be a good idea for them to be linked to a specific thread on the forum for all to see, and also share where possible.

I'm going to kick this thread off. I'm so very happy to do so.

Many from this forum want to help spread the LCHF word in the hope of turning that Titanic so that diabetes is treated by all HCP's appropriately. At the moment t2d is classed as a progressive disease. The advice is to follow the eatwell plate way of eating which includes lots of starchy carbs and to cut down on sugars and fats. For t2d 'no need to finger prick test' unless on specific meds including insulin! No wonder it's classed as progressive. Knowing your blood sugar levels is the only way in my opinion of managing your diabetes. I think most of us on here feel all diabetics should have access to test strips on prescription (You can get monitors free a lot of the time). That needs to change to.

Type 2 diabetics themselves realise it does not have to be progressive if you follow a low carb woe. This woe is not only crucial to get blood sugars under control for t2d but has been known to be beneficial for some t1s. I am not a doc tor and can only speak from my own experiences and what I have discovered in researching. It's not a diet that suits everyone. If you have other medical conditions it would be advisable to consult your GP.

I started my diabetes journey in December 2017 when I was diagnosed t2. I found diabetes.co.uk by chance and a way to put it into remission by eating LCHF which I was able to do within 6 months. As a bonus I lost over 3 stone (51 lbs to be exact). I wrote in the forum success stories about having to buy a whole new wardrobe as nothing fitted. I was contacted by the press side of DCUK asking if I would like to share my story. I could not wait. Hoping to help others on my journey.

Others have also been contacted and their stories will also be linked in here.
So my first article was in my local Gazette. Here is the link:

https://www-blackpoolgazette-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/gran-turned-around-her-health-her-diabetes-diagnosis-and-lost-weight-by-cutting-carbs-1-9233089/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ==#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/gran-turned-around-her-health-her-diabetes-diagnosis-and-lost-weight-by-cutting-carbs-1-9233089

wellperson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Glad you reversed your Type 2 on a low carb diet.. so did I until it stopped working, I was tired and I couldn't lose the weight again so beware. I am now on Dr Joel Fuhrman's low fat whole plant food diet not salt, oil or sugar and have never felt better. For Type 1 or Type 2 look at mastering Diabetes.. Low carb is a quick short term fix because you do not fix your insulin resistance.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you reversed your Type 2 on a low carb diet.. so did I until it stopped working, I was tired and I couldn't lose the weight again so beware. I am now on Dr Joel Fuhrman's low fat whole plant food diet not salt, oil or sugar and have never felt better. For Type 1 or Type 2 look at mastering Diabetes.. Low carb is a quick short term fix because you do not fix your insulin resistance.

Did it stop working or did you lose your way maybe. Not everyone is able to stay focused. I'm sure most of us have had blips, whether short term or longer.

With the research I've done I feel the lchf woe is possibly the best woe for diabetics to control their bs. It's the one that stood out head and shoulders above the rest for its success rate when I googled an answer to 'reversing diabetes ' after I was diagnosed and offered metformin and told it was progressive. I thought 'I'm.going to try this' never looked back. 18 months in and still non diabetic hba1c.

I can see so many long term low carbers are continuing to control their bs successfully too. This gives me hope. I actually enjoy it too. And I feel fantastic. Lost 4 stone on this woe. Still pinch myself now! Never looked or felt better in all my adult life.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Freema

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DAILY MAIL
Running an article by Dr David Unwin (personal hero of mine and a total inspiration). Page 44 in the paper today starts off 6 days of low carb advice, info, recipes!!! Diabetic journeys. Mine and 3 others today and @shelley262 any minute now!!! It really feels like its snowballing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...HS-doctor-chef-reveal-low-carb-diet-plan.html
This has actually made me buy the Daily Mail! Who would have thought it... Great stuff :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Well done all. It is crystal clear the Daily Mail play both sides, like Lancet; as after crutch gate, heart issues etc on low carb, they allow this. It is a shame that they don't just get fully behind "us" exclusively. When newspapers got 100% behind say Stephen Lawrence's situation, massive change occurred. Still hay making while the sun shines.

Big shout out to @Goonergal, for those who have not met her, she is tiny (in a good way).

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DAILY MAIL
Running an article by Dr David Unwin (personal hero of mine and a total inspiration). Page 44 in the paper today starts off 6 days of low carb advice, info, recipes!!! Diabetic journeys. Mine and 3 others today and @shelley262 any minute now!!! It really feels like its snowballing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...HS-doctor-chef-reveal-low-carb-diet-plan.html
Thanks for posting that link. I was travelling today and couldn’t lay my hands on a copy.

Reactions: Debandez