Fastclix finger pricker won't work

TifferG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just gone to change the cassette in my Accu-chek mobile finger pricker. The new cassette will not click in when I tried to insert it. As a result I can't test my BG before I inject my insulin.

Does anyone know of a fix please?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just gone to change the cassette in my Accu-chek mobile finger pricker. The new cassette will not click in when I tried to insert it. As a result I can't test my BG before I inject my insulin.

Does anyone know of a fix please?
If you have no other finger pricking implement a sewing needle or pin sterilised by passing through a flame should suffice as a temporary measure until you can get to a pharmacy for more Accu-chek cassettes.

Reactions: TifferG

TifferG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have no other finger pricking implement a sewing needle or pin sterilised by passing through a flame should suffice as a temporary measure until you can get to a pharmacy for more Accu-chek cassettes.
Thanks Pipp, in the end I used one of the needles for my insulin pen. Either I need more practice or never try that again! OW!

Typically it's happened at the most inopportune time as accu-chek are fed until Monday %~( Guess I'm going round pharmacies tomorrow to try and buy a fingerpricker.

I'm just really puzzled why the pricker I've got is acting up.

Reactions: Blackers183

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Typically it's happened at the most inopportune time as accu-chek are fed until Monday %~( Guess I'm going round pharmacies tomorrow to try and buy a fingerpricker.

Or just some lancets. They are the right thickness to draw blood, I use a bare lancet as my permanent method. (Pen needles are too thin).

I take it you've tried more than one cassette?

Good luck.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, Ellie. I tried half a dozen, but something is preventing them clicking on to the pen. They just drop out again

This has occasionally happened to me. I just twist the cartridge drum a bit and it eventually clicks in. I have three fastclix devices. It is always a good idea to have a back up. They sell them in Boots and probably other pharmacies.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
From the user manual ....
20.1 Advice and troubleshooting
If you need advice on how to operate the Accu-Chek
Mobile meter or the Accu-Chek FastClix Mobile lancing
device, if you seem to be obtaining implausible results,
or if you suspect that the meter, test cassette, lancing
device or lancet drum might be defective, please
contact Accu-Chek Customer Care. do not attempt to
repair or modify the meter or lancing device yourself.
our staff will help solve any problems you might be
experiencing with the meter, test cassette, lancing
device or lancet drum from Roche diagnostics. The
address of the Accu-Chek Customer Care is listed in
the next section.

Wow, that has got to be the most unhelpful troubleshooting manual ever. :)

TifferG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[QUOTE="EllieM, post: 2027875, member: 372717".

Wow, that has got to be the most unhelpful troubleshooting manual ever. :)[/QUOTE]

I looked on their website first, then sent them a message, but I won't get a response before Monday.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To be fair to Accu Chek, they do replace stuff. My first Mobile meter was 3 years old and I was worried it was getting a bit tired. I contacted them and they sent me a new one without any quibble.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be fair to Accu Chek, they do replace stuff. My first Mobile meter was 3 years old and I was worried it was getting a bit tired. I contacted them and they sent me a new one without any quibble.
Agree. I dropped mine and the cover for the testing tape was damaged. They agreed to, and actually did, replace it instantly. They also worked through issues with the Bluetooth adaptor quickly. No reason to think the Fastclix would be any different

TifferG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it is a good idea, I have a couple of FastClix plus my trusty MultiClix plus a good supply of lancets for them.
I went to a pharmacy today to try and get a new pen, but they didn't have any. However, to tide me over until Monday he sold me some single use finger prickers - accu-chek safe-t-pro lancets. Have ordered a new pen that uses the Fastclix lancet drums from Amazon, should get that tomorrow <touch wood>

Thanks a lot everyone for the info and advice, much appreciated,

Chris

gillianoleary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Baby corns. Wrong, wrong, wrong in so many ways!!
Bring back the Multi Clix it is so much better made than the Fast Clix, which I also find for some reason really awkward to use?!
Glad you've managed to get a short term fix.
Why do things always seem to go wrong on a weekend when none of these companies work?!?1

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Glad you got it sorted, I have 3 finger prickers. I always keep the old ones if getting a new meter.

D

Deleted member 308541

Why do things always seem to go wrong on a weekend when none of these companies work?!?1
Because they do not want to pay penalty rates for working them.
Glad you got it sorted, I have 3 finger prickers. I always keep the old ones if getting a new meter.
I prefer the Accu-Chek Multiclix and Fastclix lancing devices to the Abbot nail guns they supply with meters. :D

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Because they do not want to pay penalty rates for working them.

I prefer the Accu-Chek Multiclix and Fastclix lancing devices to the Abbot nail guns they supply with meters. :D

Mine are all the nail gun versions....lol

TifferG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried phoning Accu-chek first thing this morning, ended up with a recorded message :"All our operators are busy, please press 1 for a call back to the number you are calling from". Was still waiting at 4pm so rang again and got straight through to a human!

After explaining the problem with the finger pricker, he effectively said it's broken (the auto-rotate mechanism apparently) and promptly ordered a replacement. I asked if I could get a spare and he amended it to send 2. Too late for sending out today, but should arrive by Thursday.