Home Tomorrow/Blowout Reward

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Tomorrow will be the 30th and LAST day in hospital as it was confirmed that all of the cards had fallen favourably......namely:

1) A suitable combination of oral antibiotics that will keep both the sepsis(staph aureus) and the bone infection(osteomylitis) at bay........4 week course

2) MRI scans show no immediate need for surgery even if the metatarsal in the right foot have got dramatically thinner and thus weaker and that the top 2 vertebrae, although back in their correct place after fluid compression have still damaged the nerve affecting my right arm and shoulder causing serious muscle wastage. The General consensus is that antibiotics, physio, and time resting at home will be the best course of action........with podiatrist,diabetic foot clinic and neurology team monitoring with outpatient reviews as well as a formidable package of pain relief.......(I work in the hospital and have NEVER seen anyone go home with an Oramorph prescription as well as slow release morphine MST and max dose gabapentin supplemented by paracetamol and ibuprofen and weekly acupuncture clinic).

In order to celebrate I have my evening all lined up........Champions League Football and a 12" thin crust meat feast pizza......my idea of bliss and hang the fasting bg in the morning.......if it means diluted lemon juice all day tomorrow then so be it.

After all when I get home my OH will watch my diet like a hawk!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A light at the end of the tunnel, on closer inspection it's the furnace cooking that delicious pizza!!! Enjoy.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@traceymac you’ve had the most cheerful and imaginative horspistal stay I have ever heard of. ENJOY your blowout; hope the desired teams won for you today.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Yaaay

Back home in the loving arms of my other half even if I was carrying half of the hospital pharmacy's stock with me.....my medication regime:

For Diabetes......repeat prescription:
1000mg metformin(twice a day)
10mg ramapril(am)
10mg amlopidine(pm) increased from 5mg pre-sepsis
20mg avortastain(pm)

For Sepsis......to ensure I remain infection free 30 day courses:
100mg docycycline(twice a day)
750 mg Ciprofloxacin(twice a day)

For Pain Relief to be managed by GP and myself:
600mg gabapentin(three times a day
40mg MST morphine sulphate(twice a day)
20ml Oramorph as required(max 6 a day-must be 4 hrs apart)
1000mg praracetamol(3 times a day)
400mg ibuprofen(4 times a day)

For Canulae rash:

Cetrizine(7 day course-anti histamine)

Will also have more scope for creative meals and exercise so hope to really get on top of everything.

Thanks to all of you guys for support during my incarceration LOL

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your release, and may your recovery at home be quick and as painfree as possible. You will be rattling with all those tablets.

I have to ask about your avatar. Is that your tortoise? I have kept Mediterranean tortoises most of my life and still have one very old chappie who is almost blind but still going strong.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Well done on your release, and may your recovery at home be quick and as painfree as possible. You will be rattling with all those tablets.

I have to ask about your avatar. Is that your tortoise? I have kept Mediterranean tortoises most of my life and still have one very old chappie who is almost blind but still going strong.

yep....well he's actually belonged to my other half who has had him since a child..........he's over 50 years old and will most likely outlive both of us....I believe he came over from Australia with my father in law......hence the name....Aussie!!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
You are not going to rattle with all those pills, you are going to slosh!! All the water... enjoy, congratulations, be inventive with actual real food ingredients!
Gotta say, the tortoise looks an awful lot like a box turtle, but those do Not have such a lifespan. These must be rewarding pets - no neuroses like parrots, right?

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
You are not going to rattle with all those pills, you are going to slosh!! All the water... enjoy, congratulations, be inventive with actual real food ingredients!
Gotta say, the tortoise looks an awful lot like a box turtle, but those do Not have such a lifespan. These must be rewarding pets - no neuroses like parrots, right?

Not so sure about that.....he's entering 'manhood' for a tortoise and is quite aggressive with his headbutts and stuff........luckily he is significantly slower than me LOL

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We re-homed our current tortoise from an elderly lady who could no longer look after him. She had him for 40 years. We have had him for nearly 20 years. No idea how old he was when the lady first got him. So he is quite an old man now.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
We re-homed our current tortoise from an elderly lady who could no longer look after him. She had him for 40 years. We have had him for nearly 20 years. No idea how old he was when the lady first got him. So he is quite an old man now.

Big shout out to the "Tortoise Posse" LOL

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Geez....... forgot how nice the smell of a steak on a griddle is...........sear that fat till it's crispy but keep the meat rare....slather it in a bit of dijon and add a tomato,pointy pepper and rocket salad using the meat juices as a dressing.

Beats pizza anyday

merlin 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomorrow will be the 30th and LAST day in hospital as it was confirmed that all of the cards had fallen favourably......namely:

1) A suitable combination of oral antibiotics that will keep both the sepsis(staph aureus) and the bone infection(osteomylitis) at bay........4 week course

2) MRI scans show no immediate need for surgery even if the metatarsal in the right foot have got dramatically thinner and thus weaker and that the top 2 vertebrae, although back in their correct place after fluid compression have still damaged the nerve affecting my right arm and shoulder causing serious muscle wastage. The General consensus is that antibiotics, physio, and time resting at home will be the best course of action........with podiatrist,diabetic foot clinic and neurology team monitoring with outpatient reviews as well as a formidable package of pain relief.......(I work in the hospital and have NEVER seen anyone go home with an Oramorph prescription as well as slow release morphine MST and max dose gabapentin supplemented by paracetamol and ibuprofen and weekly acupuncture clinic).

In order to celebrate I have my evening all lined up........Champions League Football and a 12" thin crust meat feast pizza......my idea of bliss and hang the fasting bg in the morning.......if it means diluted lemon juice all day tomorrow then so be it.

After all when I get home my OH will watch my diet like a hawk!!
Omg you have been through the wars so glad your on the mend and hope you enjoyed your pizza

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Omg you have been through the wars so glad your on the mend and hope you enjoyed your pizza
It was nice but not a patch on the steak I had at home on my first day back in the fold!!! What is it about the smell of steak fat cooking on a high heat that gets me every time?

Reactions: Krystyna23040

merlin 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was nice but not a patch on the steak I had at home on my first day back in the fold!!! What is it about the smell of steak fat cooking on a high heat that gets me every time?
Yum i know what you mean