BG better at 4.4 or 4.8?

charlie000

Start the day with a mug of tea with full fat lactofree milk (fewer carbs) then move onto a pot of coffee with double cream (just having my first one of those.. 2 mugs per pot 1 tablespoon of cream in each). That lasts me until early afternoon when I might eat something if hungry ...if not just have dinner.

Which cream do you have?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How accurate is the A1C on there?
I find it always reads lower than my actual result, last one was 35 from the lab and 31.2 on MySugr, but as I say I watch for whether it’s trending up or down, rather than the actual MySugr number.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
@charlie000 Just gotta say well done to you my friend! Well done indeed, taking the diabulltes by the horns and getting yourself on the track to recovery. I always say to lead by example with other people, got my family wanting to start this WOE with me because of how good I look now (surprising people when I say I am 30 because they think I'm 20!). So keep on doing what you're doing and you're just going to feel so much better for it, totally impressed with the HBA1C drop and FBG too.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
I’m always happy if fasting is lower than 5.5, and like @bulkbiker , I like all other readings to be below 6 although it is rare that I see readings above 5.5 these days. Your numbers look excellent!
I'm always happy with 5.5 too.....and kind of pathologically tick 'winner' for anyone who scores that on the 'Morning BG' thread.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
I haven't had breakfast in 3 1/2 years...except for a week on hols when the hotel had a b&b package so I skipped lunch instead!
******** miser LOL

Edited by mod for profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OrsonKartt

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
@charlie000 Just gotta say well done to you my friend! Well done indeed, taking the diabulltes by the horns and getting yourself on the track to recovery. I always say to lead by example with other people, got my family wanting to start this WOE with me because of how good I look now (surprising people when I say I am 30 because they think I'm 20!). So keep on doing what you're doing and you're just going to feel so much better for it, totally impressed with the HBA1C drop and FBG too.

Good advice

And @Caeseji I'd agree with the looking young bit if that's your photo........you look like your just out of college or something!!!

M

Member496333

In my view, fasting glucose is the best readily available test we can use at home for determining our metabolic health. Runaway liver is a malfunctioning dawn phenomenon, and is the most immediately obvious sign of hepatic insulin resistance. If your liver continues secreting inappropriate glucose during gluconeogenesis then metabolic dysfunction is in situ irrespective of what happens after you eat. Personally I regard fasting glucose as more important than postprandial.

Your numbers are very good.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
Start the day with a mug of tea with full fat lactofree milk (fewer carbs) then move onto a pot of coffee with double cream (just having my first one of those.. 2 mugs per pot 1 tablespoon of cream in each). That lasts me until early afternoon when I might eat something if hungry ...if not just have dinner.
Sorry, but lacto free milk has the same amount of carb as normal milk, I thought there would be less carb and was filled with gloom on finding that there isn't. The lactose is broken down into galactose and glucose, as it is this that some people cannot digest, but the sugar content remains the same. I ended up on hemp milk, which I really liked, but I can't get it now and so moved to soya milk. Except for coffee, I have full fat milk in that.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, but lacto free milk has the same amount of carb as normal milk, I thought there would be less carb and was filled with gloom on finding that there isn't. The lactose is broken down into galactose and glucose, as it is this that some people cannot digest, but the sugar content remains the same. I ended up on hemp milk, which I really liked, but I can't get it now and so moved to soya milk. Except for coffee, I have full fat milk in that.
Arla Lacto free full fat milk that I occasionally buy is 2.6g carbs per 100ml as opposed to 4.7g per 100mls for full fat normal milk.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a type 1 on insulin I have my every day monitor, a spare, my Libre and blood strips for its reader. Have done readings on all at the same time as an experiment and had widely differing results. Between 4.5 and 6.5. I think to have a fasting level shown of 4.4/4.8 is neither here nor there. Either is good but in truth on a different meter it may not be the same. If it is showing near that every day and your HbA1c result then shows up good be pleased.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @charlie000,

These are some excellent numbers. Really well done. (Don't think most of us could go any lower, even if we wanted to.)

I remember having read somewhere that the average HbA1c for normal non-diabetic people is 5.1% or 32. (Came across this in one of many google searches I did for a number of things -- unfortunately can't remember the source of this information anymore.)

Healthwise, I believe your postprandial levels are the most important figure -- as spikes seem to do more damage than levels that are generally a bit elevated. You might want to have a look at Jenny Ruhl's website (https://www.bloodsugar101.com/). She has looked at loads of scientific studies concerning the relationship between blood sugars and diabetic complications.

charlie000

As a type 1 on insulin I have my every day monitor, a spare, my Libre and blood strips for its reader. Have done readings on all at the same time as an experiment and had widely differing results. Between 4.5 and 6.5. I think to have a fasting level shown of 4.4/4.8 is neither here nor there. Either is good but in truth on a different meter it may not be the same. If it is showing near that every day and your HbA1c result then shows up good be pleased.
How do I get a libre meter?

charlie000

Hi @charlie000,

These are some excellent numbers. Really well done. (Don't think most of us could go any lower, even if we wanted to.)

I remember having read somewhere that the average HbA1c for normal non-diabetic people is 5.1% or 32. (Came across this in one of many google searches I did for a number of things -- unfortunately can't remember the source of this information anymore.)

Healthwise, I believe your postprandial levels are the most important figure -- as spikes seem to do more damage than levels that are generally a bit elevated. You might want to have a look at Jenny Ruhl's website (https://www.bloodsugar101.com/). She has looked at loads of scientific studies concerning the relationship between blood sugars and diabetic complications.
I had an HBA1C of 105 (apparently) this isn't confirmed in writing, it what the docs have said. But I am gonna get a HBA1C in Mid June

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
How do I get a libre meter?

As a T2 you just won't get one prescribed. Even those with T1 have a devil of a job getting them prescribed. You could buy your own.... it's an expensive piece of kit.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I’m not even officially diagnosed t2

This is what I find strange. Even taking in to account that hospitals and practices can lag in terms of communication it seems odd that you have not been given a second A1c to confirm diagnosis within 2-4 weeks of the initial test. A result of 105 should, by rights, have your practice rushing to test you again. Mine were.